Raiders wide receiver Antonio Brown did not win his grievance against the NFL over his old helmet.
Brown said he would quit if he could not wear his old helmet, and now it looks like he is not able to use his helmet. Oh and get this, he has to pay a fine every day he tries to use it.
Brown posted this on his twitter and it sounds like he will not retire.
Here is more from The USA Today:
Brown had his grievance against the NFL rejected by an arbitrator, two people familiar with the decision told USA TODAY Sports’ Mike Jones. The people spoke on the condition of anonymity because they weren’t authorized to publicly comment on the case.
The decision means if Brown is to practice and play this year, he will need to switch to a more modern model approved by the league and the NFL Players Association.
Brown was seeking permission to wear the helmet he has worn his entire career, a model that has been banned for use for the 2019 season and beyond. The NFL has a long-standing policy that prohibits players from wearing helmets that aren’t certified by the National Operating Commission on Standards for Athletic Equipment (NOCSAE).
Do you think Brown will retire? Or will he be back soon with a new helmet?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Draft Buzz: Catching up With Coastal Carolina DT C.J. Brewer nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/c-j-br… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 14 mins ago
- Did You See This:Draft Buzz: Catching up with Coastal Carolina TE Isaiah Likely nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/isaiah… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 15 mins ago
- Did You See This:That Sports Guy’s Week 13 Fantasy Football Rankings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/fantas… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/zQEMtzYJxW
about 16 mins ago
- I will be tuned in!! Let’s Go @TheeeBigJoe twitter.com/espnsyracuse/s…
about 31 mins ago
- Breaking: Chargers are signing P Lachlan Edwards to their practice squad nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/lachla… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/E6drJ3Obo8
about 37 mins ago