Raiders wide receiver Antonio Brown did not win his grievance against the NFL over his old helmet.
Brown said he would quit if he could not wear his old helmet, and now it looks like he is not able to use his helmet. Oh and get this, he has to pay a fine every day he tries to use it.
Brown posted this on his twitter and it sounds like he will not retire.
Here is more from The USA Today:
Brown had his grievance against the NFL rejected by an arbitrator, two people familiar with the decision told USA TODAY Sports’ Mike Jones. The people spoke on the condition of anonymity because they weren’t authorized to publicly comment on the case.
The decision means if Brown is to practice and play this year, he will need to switch to a more modern model approved by the league and the NFL Players Association.
Brown was seeking permission to wear the helmet he has worn his entire career, a model that has been banned for use for the 2019 season and beyond. The NFL has a long-standing policy that prohibits players from wearing helmets that aren’t certified by the National Operating Commission on Standards for Athletic Equipment (NOCSAE).
Do you think Brown will retire? Or will he be back soon with a new helmet?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- The entire top 100 should opt out twitter.com/eric_edholm/st…
about 9 mins ago
- Miami DE Greg Rousseau the best pass rusher in 2021 NFL Draft opts out nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/greg-r… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/XpZ130dsgN
about 10 mins ago
- ICYMI:Former Buffalo Bills draft pick pleads not guilty by insanity in attempted murder case… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 14 mins ago
- Wow huge news twitter.com/davehydesports…
about 41 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for August 6, 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ZorZZGk1X6
about 49 mins ago