A former East Carolina football player drowned Friday afternoon while swimming in a Georgia State Park.
25-year-old Tyshon Dye was swimming with family at Richard B. Russell State Park, which is near the state line with South Carolina.
According to Fox Carolina, Dye went under and family called 911 at 4:50 p.m. They also tried to help him, but they couldn’t get him out.
Search crews would eventually pull the body of Dye from the water before 6 p.m.
Dye was a grad transfer to East Carolina, rushing for 351 yards and five touchdowns on 76 carries in 157 snaps over 17 career games. Before that Dye played at Clemson.
Dye was the number 18 running back in the nation and No. 12 player in Georgia by ESPN, when leaving high school.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Players Who Retired Too Early nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/retire… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/3D2cPmPLNV
about 32 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Did You See This:2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Kaleb Fossum, WR, University of Nevada, Reno… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 48 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Did You See This:Diamond Talk: Isiah Swann, DB, Dartmouth | Big Green’s Bright Spot nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/isiah-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 59 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for August 19, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/SXnH8EgYFD
about 3 hours ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Dang the big guy went in twitter.com/thescore/statu…
about 3 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone