- Name: Michael Waters
- Height: 5’8
- Weight: 197
- Position: Running Back
- College: Delaware State University
- Twitter: @darealwaters_
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is Philadelphia and grew up in Philadelphia was a struggle. Constantly seeing violence, drugs, and homelessness really made me love my city. I feel as though if you can make it out of Philly you can make it out of anywhere. Philadelphia born and raised.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
1. Practice – You can be the most grounded, sharpest person on the field, but during the off-season, if you’re not working on your specialty and sharpening your aptitudes your work ethic and qualities won’t receive the rewards or recognition you’re looking for.
2. Strength and Conditioning – Your body must most likely perform at an abnormal state, so just to be able to withstand and bear the physical requests the sport of football puts on it is crucial.
3. Film Study – Watching film is significant so you can get the propensities of your rival. I put this third in light of the fact that after a drive or two you and your mentors will almost certainly recognize your adversaries shortcomings, just as what they are attempting to achieve.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my family on a day to day basis. They are who I live for and I wouldn’t want anything bad happening to them.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My previous season I had to take off half the season due to illness which was very hard on me. I found myself spending more time away from the team which made me realize how much my teammates and this sport means to me.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My energy and work ethic.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I believe the best player I played against was Darius Leonard (colts) he had a great IQ and nose for the ball.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I believe my career would be coaching or sports broadcasting which would allow me to stay around sports.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• The room I wake up every morning and clean my room before I start my day.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would choose one family member. I have always been a family man. #FAMILYFIRST
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Kevin Hart hands down I have a sense of humor.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• In high school when I slipped, I cut in a rainy game going in for a touchdown.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My 43-yard touchdown against Howard University my freshman year in their stadium.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Meek Mill – DREAMCHASER because when I hear this song it reminds me why I can’t go back to Philly and why I have to get my family out of there as well.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Refusing to lose and a refusing to give in mentality. Believing in myself when nobody else will. Bet on yourself and double down.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring my father back so he can see who I’ve become and to get some good advice.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• New England Patriots: Devin McCourty, I believe he is the most underrated player in the NFL.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected. Not every person you come across has to like you, but if you carry yourself the right way you will earn respect.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Colin Kaepernick– it was sad to see him not get picked up due to off-field issues.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose. Losing is not an option. I always tell myself we don’t lose we learn.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mom has been the biggest influence in my life. She is one of the strongest women I’ve ever met and I say this because she’s been through so much, but continues to strive for greatness. I love her, she the goat. Mom I’m here to tell you, you the real MVP.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 15 year old high school football player Daylon Burnett died after school shooting in Arkansas - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/daylon…
about 1 hour ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ethan Tucky, OLB, University of Cincinnati nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/ethan-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:Broncos LB Von Miller will not be charged in regards to the pending criminal investigation… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- NFL Transactions for March 5, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for March 5, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago