Former Washington Redskins Super Bowl MVP Mark Rypien was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence this past weekend, after an incident in north Spokane.
Police responded to a call near Washington Trust Bank near Maple Street and Garland Avenue around 5:40 p.m. and arrested Rypien on a fourth-degree assault charge. According to KHQ, which arrived at the same time as officers, Rypien, 56, was seen standing near the bank while his wife was lying in the grass. She was evaluated but did not need medical treatment.
Rypien was charged with fourth-degree assault/domestic violence, according to a spokesman for the Spokane Police Department. The department said Rypien was “cooperative with police during the investigation and arrest.”
After his retirement in 2001, Rypien, whose son died at age 3, launched the Rypien Foundation to help raise money for pediatric cancer patients in the northwest. Rypien has said many times he suffers from CTE, and this is not his first run-in with the law.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Former Dolphins Coach Chris Foerster Who was Fired for Cocaine Use Takes Job with the 49ers ift.tt/30y6tGG
about 14 mins ago via IFTTT
- My boy Jose Jaws Ocasio!!!! TKO Round 1 1:12 in the fight
about 22 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for August 23, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/tpNYkYINRP
about 26 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Duke Williams I told y’all
about 29 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- I could see the Saints trading a CB, Jets a likely suitor.
Could the Dolphins be making moves? They want Clowne… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 35 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone