- Name: Keshun Horton
- Height: 5’11
- Position:OLB /SS
- College: St. Thomas University
- Twitter: no Twitter / instagram: @ovokeey
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• I would put these in the following order as film study , conditioning , strength and practice . I would use this order because in order to preform on the field film is a big component to do so. To preform at a high intensity on the field one has to be condition in all aspects meaning mind and body. Next coming strength and in order to move your man or beat the guy lined up in front of you , one has to strengthen his body to do so. Lastly is practice and during this time you put all the key components together to have a great practice because with a great practice comes a great game day of you showcasing your skills.
What do you worry about, and why?
• the biggest thing I worry about is not letting my self and family down and selling myself short . Everyday I wake up and I think greatness and with the attitude I will never have to think about letting my loved ones down or myself, but it is one of the things I constantly think about.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Everyday when I’m at training there are things that I have to work on in order to get me where I wanna be and I take criticism well but still doesn’t deny the fact that there are things I need to work on. With me knowing that I go back everyday practicing what I need to be better at and also doing it on my free time, but most importantly I keep my faith alive that everything will be okay I just have to keep working because with repetition comes innovation and me getting better as a athlete.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates through the years have said my best quality is how hard I work and how I demand greatness and hardwork from everyone around me and at the end of the day it makes everyone around me a better person and player.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Billy Brown
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football anymore I would go into the service and after 4 years I would apply for the U.S marshals and once I put in at least 20 years with them I would use my masters to go to a high school of my choice to coach and change children’s lives by teaching during my retirement.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• I do not own a car at the moment but the first thing I clean is my bed room because to me that’s like my office. It’s a place where I get myself together to tackle the world , that is my safe place .
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• If there was a disaster and I could save one family member or 3 strangers it would have to be my family member and I say this because even though that is my family that is one person to save instead of letting 3 die. I know that me and my family have the same intentions so I would save him or her and with the help of my family I would save the other 3 strangers because everyone deserves to be saved.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• If I could choose a movie character I would choose simba off of the lion king. This is because he went through a life changing event where he felt like it was his fault and so he stayed away and didn’t feel as if he could live his dream and be the person he needed to be. Then he met 2 friends who gave him another sense of life and they have a saying with the meaning “ no worries, for the rest of your days.” So once he gained his confidence back he was ready to take his rightful place as king and fulfilling his dreams.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Some of the biggest adversity in my life that I had to deal with was getting a full scholarship at Notre Dame College. Doing everything possible to play , changing positions , getting promised playing time , and in the end not getting anything I was promised and rightfully deserved. With that being said I didn’t fold when all that happened I kept moving forward and going after my dreams in something I know I can do. I graduate with a bachelors in criminal justice after doing so I got a chance to go to Miami oxford of Ohio to play my last year. As it got close for school I was told that I would not be able to play my last season because of rules in the NCAA. So now I am happy to say I get ANOTHER opportunity to go down to Miami Florida to play at St. Thomas University where I plan to make history for myself and my school. I’ll also be working towards my master so I couldn’t ask for a bigger blessing than that and I am so thankful because I have been working my butt off since I stopped playing at NDC
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I really don’t have any embarrassing moments because I don’t look for others okay and opinion of me to have the confidence that I do. If you think something is funny , and or weird or not good that’s your opinion but everything I do I do with passion so why be embarrassed of who you are?
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• I really can’t choose a memorable play of my past season with me playing at Notre Dame College. I did my thing on special teams and made some great plays but with me playing my last year at St. Thomas University I will make the most memorable season that anyone
In my shoes and position would and I cannot wait. I will shock a lot of doubters but make so believers happy including myself .
What song best describes your work ethic?
• My Time – YFN lucci ( if you have the time to actually listen to this song you will understand why )
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The most important trait or traits I have to make it at the next level is my hard working mind set. Me knowing that it takes hard work to have what you want out of life and the biggest thing is my faith in god. I know that he is working for my in my favor and that I have things that are coming my way the only I can see and with that I always say to myself “ if I can’t beat them there , I’ll meet them there.” I pray for success in every man.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• If I could bring back one person from the dead for one day it would be a good friend who goes by the name of Jarrell Marsh. I would bring him back to tell him that his hard work and want did not go unnoticed and that I saw greatness coming his way, and even though his life was taken and it was time to go home that everyday he lives through me and he is one reason why I grind so hard for greatness. I say this because people like him who can’t anymore so why not go hard ?
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Keybones R&B soul child dance club
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• For me it’s not about ratings or what people think of you I believe that if you get a opportunity to play the the NFL or profession football for that matter you should always work hard to better yourself . It is not about ratings but about what you want out of this blessing , control what you can control and that’s your work ethic
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected than liked because if someone respects you they truly take into consideration of the type of person you are and what you stand for. If you need someone to give you the real someone who respects you will do that in complete honesty not everyone who respects you have to like you, but one thing is a person who likes you but doesn’t respect you isn’t a person you want in your circle. They will tell you anything just because they like you. I need someone whose going to tell me the things I need to hear when I don’t want to hear them .
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Kendrick Norton , and I chose him because one of the things he was doing was for his family is he didn’t want the fans or any of the things that came with being a professional. I feel like the biggest thing for him was he was getting the opportunity to feed his family and be a provider and that is a big thing to me now with him losing his arm. I believe that Kendrick will face this adversity and look at it in a positive manner but at the same time continue to be great and move forward with his life.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Even though winning is a great feeling losing is the most hardest thing to deal with, but with a lose comes a greater good than winning because you can actually learn from what you did wrong and with that you become a better person or ball player .
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
My biggest influence on my life would have to be my mother because with me being the oldest I watched her raise 3 kids on her own and doing everything she had to do to make ends meet. Living paycheck to paycheck but she never gave up even on her hardest days. She would never give up because she had 2 sons and a daughter watching her every move and how she responded to things . Not all responses were great and I never held that against her but she woke up every morning thinking about how she was going to do this and that and because of her hard work and desiring to make her kids happy and give them everything they wanted I work my Butt off for her and my family, so I can give my mom the life she deserves. I will repay her and I will be great for her and no one can take that from me because god himself understands and is working in my favor .
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Broncos LB Von Miller will not be charged in regards to the pending criminal investigation… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 10 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for March 5, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for March 5, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago
- Last Chance:Youngstown State coach suspended after he blatantly hit UNI playmaker Quan Hampton on the sidelines (VI… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:From Dud To Stud, Part 2 | 15 NFL players that should crush it in 2021 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/dud-to…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago