- Name: Greg Leonard
- Height: 5’9
- Weight: 176
- Position: WR/Slot
- College: Shepherd University
- Twitter: @iTs_gL2
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- Solomon’s, MD is about an hour south of Annapolis and is right along the Chesapeake Bay. It’s got a beautiful waterfront and is known for its great seafood
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- I believe Film study is most important because this is where you become a smarter football player. Practice is second because this is where you correct the things your coaches advise you to during film study. Strength and Conditioning is third because that is what will set you apart as a football player after studying film and practicing
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about the things that are directly in my control because only I can decide how I carry myself, and what strides I take on a day to day basis
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- An example of when I failed at something was my sophomore year of high school losing the state championship. I reacted by continuing to grind and work all offseason until we got the opportunity to play in the championship again and my senior year we were victorious
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My teammates say by best quality is my work ethic
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Garry Brown from Cal U (PA)
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I would be pursuing a career in communications or public relations
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
- Room, Car, Desk
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- I would choose my one family member because family is everything to me
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Luke Cage because no matter what anyone throws at him, nothing can break him
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- My biggest adversity in life was breaking my jaw my sophomore season because that was the first time I had a season ending injury. It took a while to deal with it but in the end I ended up becoming closer to God and he’s been guiding me ever since
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Probably walking through the school gym with toilet paper stuck on my shoe in middle school
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- My most memorable play was my first touchdown as a part of Shepherd University because I felt like that marked a new beginning for me
What song best describes your work ethic
- Blood, Sweat, and Tears by Future
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Being Coachable
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My Great Grandmother so she could see how far I’ve come from the days of her seeing me as a child
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Club A1
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- I don’t think any player can be looked at as underrated because the level of play is so high in the NFL
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- I would rather be respected because some people are going to either love you or hate you no matter what. Being respected means that even if they hate you, they still appreciate what you do
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- I believe we all have an equal opportunity to make the right choices in our life every single day. Some people take advantage of that and others don’t
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I absolutely hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My parents and my sister have been the biggest influence because they remind me every day of why I’m working so hard to make it. I don’t want them to ever have to worry again