- Name: Domenique Davis
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 319
- Position: Defensive Line
- College: University Of North Carolina Pembroke
- Twitter: @Niquesavo
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Laurinburg, a little place with lots of talent with people who barely make it past high school. I lived all over the city for it to be so small, and what I love most about my city is that we’re one of a kind. You got to be built different to even come close to making it out.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study, Strength and Conditioning, last is Practice. Specifically chose this because before every game you must study your opponent to use certain strategies against them, meaning it comes first. Second, strength and conditioning helps you prepare for the game physically. Practice is last because this is where all three parts of the game are combined to help you prepare for the real game.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Nothing, I have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Being ineligible too many times, and bounced back with making the Dean’s list over three times since I been in college.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Leading by example, I rather show you what i’m capable of then tell you.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Can’t remember
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Coaching or Trainer
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, because it’s the first thing I see when I wake up.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family member, because family is first.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Jason Voorhees, because no matter what happened, he came back from anything.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Being doubted by friends, strangers, family, and I realized there was nothing to lose.I started looking at things in a different way and began to mold myself into a new person.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Getting my hairline pushed back in middle school. Everybody made fun of me.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• First collegiate sack at mars hill.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Roddy Ricch – Ricch Forever
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Technique, because no matter how strong or fast you are it leaves as we get older. Technique is going to last and get better the more you do it.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My cousin because it would’ve been great to watch him grow up and see what he would’ve been.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Rays Boom Boom Room
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Timmy Jernigan
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, I don’t care if somebody doesn’t like me as long as they know what I’,m about.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Aldon Smith because of his rare talent deserves another chance.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Love to win
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• I’m my own influence because I look at how much I conquered over the years and realize it’s really no limit on what I can do.