- • Name: Deonté Glover
- • Height: 5’10”
- • Weight: 220lbs
- • Position: Running Back, All-Purpose (All Special Teams)
- • College: Shepherd University
- • Twitter: @DeonteGlover
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Was born in PG County, Maryland but my current hometown is Inwood WV . I love the close-knit community . Everybody is friendly, for the most part, and is very supportive of local athletes .
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• To me, all three of them are of equal importance as you could not be successful when lacking in one area. But to answer the question, I would say practice is the most important because this is where you are working on your craft. Practice is where you ultimately get better as an individual and more importantly, as a team. Film study would be a close second because this is where one breaks down the game of football to get a better and deeper understanding of how it’s played, tendencies of other teams, and to critique oneself. Strength and conditioning is a close third as this is where it all starts. If you do not have enough strength or are not in condition, you will not be able to play at a high level, period. One must excel in all three areas to meet their full potential.
What do you worry about, and why?
• For those who know me, they know that I do not worry. All my problems are in Gods hands. Why waste energy on worrying when you could devote that same energy in believing? KJ Myers, a former WVU Football athlete has instilled in me a lifestyle called “LOW LIFE”. This is an acronym for “Lack Of Worries, Living In Fearless Efforts”. This is how i go about every obstacle, inconvenience, and problem i come across. Leave it all up to God as he is in control of all.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• An example of when I failed at something is when we didn’t make the playoffs my senior year in high school. This really broke me down and crushed my spirit as football was the only thing i looked up to. As degrading and embarrassing that was to me, I used that fire in me to become even better in the sport of football and the following year, I eventually found myself playing football at one of my dream colleges.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say my best quality is my work ethic and my selflessness. I strive and take great pride in being the hardest worker both in the weight room and on the field. I also pride myself on working hard in the class room and setting a good example to the younger athletes who look up to me. Teammates would also say my selflessness is one of my best qualities because I am a team player and I would do anything to help the team win. My true position is RB, but i have played Wide Receiver, Slot, Strong Safety, Inside Linebacker and all of the special teams as well. Despite RB being my true love, i am willing play anywhere on the field if it means it is putting my team in a better position to win.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player that I have ever played against was Karl Joseph. Although we were on the same team, i had to play against him at practice as i was on scout offense and he was the starting safety.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football, I would be pursuing my dream of being doing SWAT for the FBI.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room first, desk second, car last.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save my one family member because thats family. I would do anything for my family.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be the Punisher because nothing ever breaks him and he always finishes what he starts.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life was getting through injuries. I dealt with it by working hard to get better and prayer.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Most embarrassing moment was missing the playoffs my senior year of high school.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play of my career was when freshman, Dylan Clary, broke up a game winning touchdown pass to beat Fairmont.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Hustle Hard by Ace Hood
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The most important trait one needs to succeed at the next level is being relentless.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• One of my good friends, Noah Miller because I would do anything to goof around and share laughs with him one more time.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Club Drip
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Wendell Smallwood
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I rather be respected. Being liked is just an emotion and emotions are all temporary. So you may be liked, but you will only be liked short-term. Being respected has more longevity as you respect someone for the qualities that that person embodies. You don’t have to like them, but you will respect them due to the fact that they have these qualities about them that deserve respect.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I don’t really “feel for” anybody that got their career derailed by off-field issues because everybody knows right from wrong and they know the consequences. We all have a choice and once that choice is made, you must live with it.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My family has been the biggest influence on my life because they are the ones who ultimately cultivated me to be the person i am today. Right or wrong, they are always by my side. I owe it all to them.