- Name: Tyrice Henry
- Height: 5’9
- Weight: 190
- Position: Defensive Back
- College: Bluefield College
- Twitter: @_thatguyTYDA
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- Alexandria, VA, also known as the DMV area. I went to high school at TC Williams High School. My hometown is mostly known from the movie to Remember The Titans. I love my hometown because it made me who I am today and not everyone goes the college route or make it out to see places other than Alexandria.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film Study
- Strength and Conditioning
- Film study – so that you can evaluate yourself and your opponents.
- Practice – you have to make sure you know what you’re doing when facing your opponents, and you have to prepare yourself.
- Strength and Conditioning – Strength because this is a very physical game. You have to always be in shape because you never know how many snaps you are going to be taking.
What do you worry about, and why?
- My family always just being so far away from them and me being the oldest keeping everything together just have me feeling like I abandon them. But they always keep me informed about everything and always tell me to keep pushing myself and focus on being a better me.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- One failure I have had was not asking for help. My reaction to asking for help was always trying to handle it on my own, and be Independent. Then I realized that everyone needs help at some point and it’s no shame in asking for it.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My teammates would say my best quality would be that I can play any position on the field, and I am very coachable.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Quev Gonzales WR for SouthEastern University. He was a great Athlete.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I would love to work with the youth. I like helping younger people because I want to help better our future generations.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
- My room first because that’s where I sleep, my desk because that’s where I would get my work done, and last my car because I don’t like driving around messy.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- One family member because I’m all about family. Our bond is forever strong.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Adam Sandler because he is one of my favorite actors.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- My biggest adversity would be losing my little brother Elijah. It made me want to give up on everything, but with my support group and how much I love the game I just keep striving, keeping my faith high, and it got me to where I am now.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Not being able to play football my senior year of high school.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- When I caught the game-sealing interception against Cumberland University (Tenn). My Junior year.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Rod Wave – Bottom Boy Survivor. Just gives me a good vibe.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- That I am coachable, and that I can play any position in the Defensive Secondary.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My brother because that’s who I was close to, and I want him to watch his son grow up!
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Let Loose! Because I would want everyone to enjoy themselves.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Jamal Adams Safety for the NY Jets.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected. Anybody can be disliked, but most people who are disliked is well respected.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Colin Kaepernick. Knowing that you are a professional you have to be wise with the decisions you make. He stood up for what he believed in and in return ended his football career, but not his beliefs.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Both is apart of the game but I love to win always.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My biggest influence would be my siblings. Me being the oldest I just always want to make sure I’m showing them the right ways, and being a great example. I know they look up to me and so I make sure I lead the right way.