The NFL season is coming up very soon, and at the end of the day there are still several players holding out who are not happy about their current contract situation. I wanted to talk about five players who could benefit from a trade before the start of the season. Let’s look at five players who we could see being dealt by the start of the season.
Reshad Jones – DB – Miami Dolphins – Jones attended the first day of mandatory minicamp Tuesday in Davie, Fla., despite speculation that he would be a no-show. The Dolphins have a wealth of talent at safety and are working in a rotation of other players at the position, including cornerback Bobby McCain and the versatile 2018 first-round pick Minkah Fitzpatrick. The problem is the depth and Jones’ $17.1 million cap hit this season, which led to the speculation that he could be moved. I am not sure he will be moved, but he is a player that I could see willing to be moved and to work on a new contract with a new team.
Team(s) we could see interested – San Francisco 49ers and Dallas Cowboys
Trent Williams – OT – Washington Redskins – Losing Williams would be a huge blow for Washington. The seven-time Pro Bowler appeared in 13 games for Washington last season, earning a grade of 74.1 from Pro Football Focus, good for 21st amongst tackles, but let’s face it he is one of their highest paid players and he is not happy in Washington per multiple reports. Williams has two years and $24 million remaining on his contract, which makes him very marketable. I could see him being dealt to a team soon especially if the Redskins can find a cheaper replacement.
Team(s) we could see interested – Cleveland Browns, Arizona Cardinals
La’el Collins – OT – Dallas Cowboys – Offensive lineman are hard to find and there are several teams who could use a boost on their O-Line. La’El Collins will be a free agent in 2020 & the Dallas Cowboys might not be able to compete with offers from other NFL teams, so Dallas might attempt to trade him now to avoid losing out on some serious trade value. Trading him makes sense and several teams could have interest in him.
Team(s) we could see interested – Miami Dolphins, Cleveland Browns, Arizona Cardinals and Jacksonville Jaguars
Leonard Williams – DT – New York Jets – This season, Williams will be playing under the fifth-year option of his rookie contract, which carries a salary cap hit of $14.2 million. Williams is only 24 and when you look at the leap certain elite linemen have made at or after that age, you can see that he still has a chance to make a similar jump. I could see Williams needing a change of scenery to blossom.
Team(s) we could see interested – Atlanta Falcons and Los Angeles Rams
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Packers former General Manager Ted Thompson passed away at the age of 68 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/ted-th… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 10 mins ago
- Did You See This:Doug Marrone to become O-Line Coach at Alabama nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/doug-m… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/BiEOE9eBmQ
about 10 mins ago
- Did You See This:California high school football star Mitch Wade killed in nasty car accident… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 16 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for January 21, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 49 mins ago
- Nick Sirianni had two brothers both were football coaches. Their dad was a football coach too. His brother Mike is… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 54 mins ago