The Houston Texans wanted Nick Caserio bad from the New England Patriots, but there was a clause in his contract reportedly and he is not allowed to take another job.
John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports that Caserio “has a clause in his contract that says he can’t interview with other teams.”
“We have now been made aware of certain terms in Nick’s contract with the Patriots,” Texans owner Cal McNair said in the statement regarding the decision to not pursue Caserio. “Once we were made aware of these contract terms, I informed Mr. Kraft that we would stop pursuing Nick.”
So after trying to hire Caserio from the Patriots, the Texans have now decided to not hire a GM at all.
Instead, head coach Bill O’Brien will team up with Executive Vice President of Team Development Jack Easterby to handle the personnel duties, in consultation with the Texans’ scouting department.
This has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen from a front office. The Jets are getting ridiculed but this is worse than the Jets.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Players Who Retired Too Early nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/retire… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/3D2cPmPLNV
about 27 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Did You See This:2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Kaleb Fossum, WR, University of Nevada, Reno… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 44 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Did You See This:Diamond Talk: Isiah Swann, DB, Dartmouth | Big Green’s Bright Spot nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/isiah-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for August 19, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/SXnH8EgYFD
about 3 hours ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Dang the big guy went in twitter.com/thescore/statu…
about 3 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone