- • Name: Quantaye Battle
- • Height: 6’3
- • Weight: 210
- • Position: SS/FS
- • College: Virginia Union University
- • Twitter: XCIV_07
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from West Baltimore, and I love what our originality don’t think it’s many like us.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study first, Before you can go and perform you have to understand what is set to do, your opponents tendencies, and your match-up advantages. Strength Conditioning second because you have to be in shape before you touch the field you could get a teammate hurt or worse yourself if you’re not ready physically. I say practice last just because practice should go smooth if you handle the first two other options If you are in shape and have study film well practice should just be a rehearsal of what the game plan is.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I am a child of God I have no fear. God handles everything I should never fear.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• A time where I left VUU to go JUCO than was forced to leave JUCO for financial reasons after picking up multiple division one offers, just to come back to VUU and help lead a nationally ranked team.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My Physicality
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Amir Hall, he just doesn’t get nervous back there no matter what the situation is he keep his team positive and make the right reads quick.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Well, I’m a criminal justice major so most likely a lawyer that is my plan after football.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, car, desk
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• My family member
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Chris Comer aka “Waterbug” from Friday Night Lights just because he never complained he just waited his turn and performed.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• After leaving VUU and going JUCO I made a name for myself being nationally ranked and picking up offers I thought my life was going into a good direction but then was forced to leave because of financial reasons. After leaving JUCO I got a call from Chowan University a school in North Carolina, saying that they heard about my situation and wanted to give me an opportunity I went didn’t really like it but embraced it because I thought it was my last chance at playing college football, at a school party close to campus a close friend of mine was killed and I just wanted to give up on football and school. VUU coaches heard about my story and told me they wanted me to come back home and now here I am today preparing for the upcoming season.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• The lost we took at VSU
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Game winning interception my sophomore season at homecoming
What song best describes your work ethic?
• NBA Youngboy- Untouchable
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Heart, I feel like that’s just something coaches can’t teach, you have to want it more than the next man
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring my uncle Michael back to life just because I never really got a chance to meet or learn him and I hear so many stories about him.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Awesome Vibes
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Tavon Austin
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, being liked don’t pay bills.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Sean Taylor because all he wanted to do was play football and provide for his family. I think he didn’t even get a chance to scratch the surface of how good he was going to be.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
My mom just because when I look at her I look at a woman would’ve given up years ago but she never showed one bit off quit and always provide for others. I just want to be able to make sure she never works another day in her life.