- Name: Malik Haynes
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 326
- Position: DT
- College: Southern Illinois University
- Twitter: @90Leek
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Chicago, Illinois and what I love most about it is that we’re known for breeding top athletes
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study, strength and conditioning, practice
What do you worry about, and why?
• Trying to be the best person I can be
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I was in the 2nd grade and I came in 2nd place at the science fair. I was upset and mad that I didn’t win first place. The following year at the 3rd-grade science fair I came in 1st place.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My aggressiveness and my run stop ability
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Logan Busch OL #74 SDSU
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Work in law enforcement
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room always
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I will save my daughter because she’s my little princess
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I’ll be Denzel Washington because all the movies he has and awards he’s won.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• At the beginning of my Jr season, I was blessed with my beautiful daughter. I had to learn how to juggle being a student-athlete and Dad.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My freshman year of high school I tripped walking the stage to receive an award
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• We were playing WIU and it was 4th & 1 on the goal line. We got the fourth down stop for a turnover on down.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Wiz Khalifa- Work hard play hard
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I’m a hard worker
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• It would be my great grandmother because I want her to see everything I accomplished
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Leek’s Disco
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Chris Covington
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because I’m not here to be liked. I’m coming to make plays.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I honestly don’t know
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to Lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Mom and Grandfather are my biggest influences because every since day one they were always in my corner and always supported everything I did.