- Name: Juwan Manigo
- Height: 5’6
- Weight: 185
- Position: WR
- College: Delaware Valley University
- Twitter: @cantguardwan
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Growing up in Baltimore Maryland I was taught at a young age that everything you want in life you have to be determined to go get it. I played football all my life and this city put a big chip on my shoulder it was either eat or get eaten. I love this city’s atmosphere for sports it brings out the dog in a lot of us.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• The practice is my number 1, Coach Greco always tell us to see ourselves making plays we want to make on Saturdays while we are in practice. I was always taught practice makes perfect so I put just as much energy in practice as I would for a game. Film Study is 2nd, due to the fact it allows you to see the strengths and weaknesses of your opponent. Picking up on tendencies is a major bonus to help you beat the guy in front of you. Strength and Conditioning are 3rd but it is just as important as my #1. The only way I can perform to my best is if my body is in the best shape possible. DelVal over the years is known for making the playoffs, so having a healthy body for the long season is major for success.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my team’s success. For the past 3 years being at DelVal, we have always been one step away from becoming great. The only thing on my mind going into my senior year is how can I put my team in the best situation to beat the odds and end up on top.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• In the year 2014 while I was in high school I played QB, coming into the year it was a QB battle for the starting spot. It was a long hard fought battle I ended up losing the job. But, instead of just quitting I asked coach is there anywhere on the field that he needs me to play. In which he moved me to WR, and which became my main position since.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• leadership, I bring the energy to every practice and I’m always willing to help people on or off the field.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best person I played against was Kwasi Ampomah from Muhlenberg College. He flew around to the hall every play.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would definitely coach, I love this game but I also would love to lead a group of kids down a road of greatness on and off the field.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
•Room, because I was always taught if your room clean that shows a lot about who you are as a person.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• 3 strangers, I know my family members would want me to save more lives than just their own.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Batman, he doesn’t need superpowers or doesn’t need the credit for him saving the city he does it because he loves the city. His own way of giving back.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My senior year of high school I broke my ankle the second game of the season. It was by far the most depressing times of my life. But I just put my faith in God that everything will work out. A lot of college coaches stop responding and recruiting to me. But I keep my head high continue to believe I can still play college ball. I had a great support system with my girlfriend, family, and friend. Which eventually Coach Wilson who is our strengths and conditioning coach here at DelVal gave me a call saying they were interested in me. Since that moment I fell in love with DelVal.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• It was showing up to my first high school practice and I didn’t have my cleats.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• It was my bubble catch against Albright College, that went 48 yards for a touchdown. Was the first time I actually got a chance to show my speed.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Imagine dragons: Whatever it Takes
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Mentality, you going be faced with many challenges but it’s nothing I never been through before. It’s all about making the best of your opportunities.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• it will be one of my teammates from high school. Shawny Brown, his life was gone way too soon and he would always bring good energy to everyone. Great person and great soul I would love to see him run up and down the field again.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Club Tilted
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Julian Edelman
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, because not everybody is going to like you but they are going to have to respect what you do.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Colin Kaepernick because some people understood what he was trying to do but there were also others who saw different. I thought he was a franchise quarterback but he continued to stand up for what he believed it which sadly caused his career to end.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Love to Win
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why
My parents, they shaped me to become the person I am today. I thank them for everything they have done for me and I hope to one day pay them back with a beautiful house.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Pittsburgh Steelers sign QB Dwayne Haskins nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/dwayne… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/V5EUlCTHWb
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for January 21, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Big Board: Top 400 plus prospects in the 2021 NFL Draft presented by Draft Diamonds… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for January 21, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:Pittsburgh Steelers sign QB Dwayne Haskins nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/dwayne… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/VWmsZW1tPP
about 4 hours ago