- Name: Jordan Brookins
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 290
- Position: Nose/3 tech
- College: Friends University
- Twitter: @bigjayy23
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is Fort Worth, Texas. It’s a city of growth and opportunity if you plan on owning a business or operating one, the city is very open to different ideas.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film study, practice, then strength, and conditioning. Film is important because the film can’t betray you. You can see mistakes and advantages and study that. Practice is when you put in the film in to play to focus on being better than the film. And strength and conditioning are a given. You must have the work ethic but not just physically but mentally as well.
What do you worry about, and why?
•Not trying. Failing is one thing but not trying is showing there was no effort. And the effort is everything.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed at breaking a deadlift record and the third time I tried I succeeded.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
•My Faith, strong faith can make a small man believe he can move a mountain. I believe anyone can do anything if they believe In God and put their mind to it.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
•Ed the quarterback for McPherson. He is a very elusive quarterback that also has a speed that he can turn on in a snap.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
•Since a young kid, I was always interested in the criminal justice system and becoming a defense attorney.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
•Room first. I feel if your room is clean and organized the mind can in a sense clean and organize which is a great thing to be organized.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Saving 1 family member, because my family is my life. I wouldn’t be here without them.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• The Original Hulk, the biggest strongest being that could destroy anything in his way if angered.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• I’m very independent and me asking for help is very often. I learned that even the greatest of Greats had a team to help build them up.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Running off to the sideline because I thought I was being called out but they called another player out so I had to run back in full sprint back and forth.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• what I thought was a TFL on Ed from McPherson turned out to be a sack but chasing him down was the memory because the guy runs arguably a 4.4.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Undefeated by Ace Hood
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
•Flexibility, not just in the body but to transition to a different position on the field and learn the techniques and knowledge of that position.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Grandfather, he played pro baseball for the Houston Astros and I would just like to know what kind of lifestyle he lived and work ethic he had to be drafted from high school.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
•Jays Salsa Lounge
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Cameron Wake
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. It’s something earned not just demanded
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
•Colin Kaepernick, I believe a lot of people misinterpreted the message behind the kneeling was and what he was standing for and it cost him my only his name but his career.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
I hate to lose. Losing brings out something in me that makes me personally step up everything that I’ve thought I was doing to be good to be better than good.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My mother, she’s been through so much as a young adult that made her even stronger today. She’s influenced me to strive harder and harder each day I wake up.