Absolutely no one wants to work with the New York Jets. I mean they were struggling bad when trying to find a new GM. They had their eyes set on Joe Douglas the player personnel guru from the Philadelphia Eagles, but everyone knew how bad they wanted him.
Yesterday, when the Texans announced they fired Brian Gaine, the Jets had to move fast. They moved so fast that they doubled their offer to Douglas.
Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that the Jets initially offered Douglas $1.5 million a year but ended up more than doubling that. Douglas has signed a six-year deal worth more than $3 million a year.
It was clear Joe Douglas would have rather had the Texans job that just opened up, but can you turn down 3 million a season? I think not.
Jets are giving former Eagles’ vice president of player personnel Joe Douglas a six-year deal to become their GM, so just imagine this, the Jets are paying 18 million, that is a great come up for a player personnel guy.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Players Who Retired Too Early nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/retire… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/3D2cPmPLNV
about 39 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Did You See This:2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Kaleb Fossum, WR, University of Nevada, Reno… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Did You See This:Diamond Talk: Isiah Swann, DB, Dartmouth | Big Green’s Bright Spot nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/isiah-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for August 19, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/SXnH8EgYFD
about 3 hours ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Dang the big guy went in twitter.com/thescore/statu…
about 4 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone