- Name: Jevan Hogan
- Height: 6’0″
- Weight: 190lbs
- Position: Defensive Back
- College: Ottawa University, Arizona (OUAZ)
- Twitter: @Juicyj225
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I was born and raised in Turlock, California. It was a small town but has grown over the years. What I love most about Turlock is the genuine people I have met and become close to that have also helped me out in struggling situations I have gone through in my life. Certain people did things for me they never had to and for that, I will always be grateful for them.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• The most important to me is film study. As a player, you may not always feel as you are messing up but the eye in the sky never lies. The film shows a player the mistakes they are making during practice or in game situations. Film also helps teams get ready for opponents to learn schemes and tendencies of players and coaches so this is why the film is number one to me. Second I would choose strength and conditioning. In order to play football for a long period of time taking care of your body is very important. Strength and conditioning will keep your body in peak shape in order to be successful and give your best performance on the field which is why it is important. The third choice would have to be practiced. The practice is the place where you work on your craft and become the best player you can be so that come game time you are confident on what you are putting out there on the field.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about failure in life because I have seen family members not do well and that is the last thing I would want to happen to myself.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• In the fourth grade, I failed my very first math test and I was crushed. My reaction was a disappointment in myself, so I went home and began to focus harder on math and now it is my best and favorite subject.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I would say my teammates think my best quality is how vocal I am. I would say I am an out spoken individual in a lot of aspects. I will tell you if you are doing good or bad regardless of the situation. when I say if something is bad It is not that I am trying to be rude or downgrade anyone it is because I believe that you can do better and see more in someone. On the field, it is key to be vocal especially on defense and I believe I help my teammates become more comfortable with communicating on the field during play.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I played against in college would have to be teammates I have had, but if I have to pick an opponent it is CJ Collins. He was a quarterback in our conference last season and playing against him, he made everything look smooth and easy on the field. He is currently on the Green Bay Packers.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I could not play football my career would be a fireman, lawyer, or music producer. I could see myself doing all three.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• My room easily. It is where I start and finish my day. I once read that starting your day with a clean room will increase the chances of you having a productive day and getting things done. Also, there is no better feeling than a clean room.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would give my life to save everyone because that is the type of person I am.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be a static shock because he would do anything to help others in need and that is the same type of person that I am as well.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life has to be going through it without my biological parents. As a kid and even now your parents are supposed to be the ones who are always there for you no matter what and not having mine around made me feel unwanted. No matter what people did and said I always had that feeling in the back of my head. Playing football, seeing packed stadiums, hearing people cheer, and knowing my parents are not there to watch or support me kills me every time but makes me go harder. Trying to find positives about them leaving is how I try to better the situation but it rarely works. Football is genuinely the way I cope with that and release built up anger is on that field. The football field is really my sanctuary.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was when I twelve years old I was umpiring a baseball game. It was my friends game and I was not old enough to umpire but the umpire was late. I called a player safe when he was out by a mile, I panicked. the parents in the stands were furious. The main umpire then came and asked me was he safe or out and I stood by my answer which made the parents even more upset. I was so embarrassed I left the mid game and my friend ended up losing that game as well.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play of my collegiate career was getting an interception to shutout Laney College and win a conference championship for our school for the first time in years.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• The song that best describes my work ethic is, I’ma Go Getta by Lil Wayne
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The most important trait to help a player succeed at the next level is being mentally tough enough to handle the battles that will be placed in front of you.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• If I could bring one person back from the dead it would have to be my grandmother on my Mom’s side. I never got to meet any of my biological grandparents because they all passed away before I was born. I heard my grandma was the first black everything in Turlock and was the talk of the town. My mom tells me she was just like me so I wish she could see where I am at now.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• If I were to open a dance club it would be named JuicyJ’s.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• The most underrated player in the NFL to me is Minkah Fitzpatrick.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected. Respect goes a long way rather than a person saying I like them. A person would think twice about harming someone they respect rather than someone they like.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• A player who was derailed based on off-field issues I feel for is Colin Kaepernick. He stood for what others could not and did it in a nonviolent way. To be banned from the NFL for doing something non-violently seems absurd. I feel for him.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•The biggest influence on my life has been of course my relationships with friends and family they believe I can really make it. There is one specific relationship who I do it for and it is the man who stepped in to be a father figure to me and his name is Todd Scott. This man took on a role so big when he did not have to and it changed my life. I could be anywhere in the world right now if it was not for this man and for that I have a tremendous amount of respect and love for him. All friends and family influence me but Todd got that extra spot in my heart.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:UConn becomes the first FBS team to cancel football nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/kevin-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/lqlJmC8hqZ
about 14 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL COVID-19 OPT-OUT TRACKER nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/covid-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/6R3m8dAZa3
about 22 mins ago
- ICYMI:4 Tailgate Items Every Tailgater Needs nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/tailga… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Aa85bg4cfF
about 28 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Colten Menges, LS, Alcorn State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/colten… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/iIgByKZQng
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for August 5, 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/X5Gr1B4R0p
about 1 hour ago