- Name: Jaylen Moore
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 185lbs
- Position: DB
- College: Dixie State/ Grand Valley State
- Twitter: @Jaycrown21
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- My hometown is a Murrieta, California, I love this town with all my heart because it is family oriented its a town who loves football and will support the youth.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Strength and conditioning is first for me because in a game you need to be well conditioned because some games you might be on the field for 80+ plays so this is very important, also being and staying healthy is a top priority and strength and conditioning helps with that tremendously
- Practice: This is very important to me because their is an old saying that my coach used to tell me “You practice how you play” Those 5 words are so powerful to me because I believe that if you don’t give it all in practice and just have an okay practice you will have an okay game which is not acceptable, I believe that practice makes perfect
- Film study: this is so important because watching film against your components that you are about to go against and studying them and studying their every move really prepares you and gets you ready for the game because you can already have a gameplan how to stop them. Film study is also important because you can study your self in practice and critique yourself. Film study helps you prepare to be better
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry most about my family, over these past few years my dad has been battling issues with his health and for anybody who knows me, they will tell you that my dad is my best friend.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- In one of my classes for my major that I needed to pass this year was very challenging, I wasn’t doing well in this class at all and failed my first 2 tests. So I changed my strategy, I got a tutor and put in more hours and locked in in this class and ended up passing. That is how I overcame one of my failures.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Brody Oliver
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Three strangers, I believe it would be selfish of me to save one person instead of three
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Spider-man, He has always been my favorite superhero
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
•I feel like my biggest adversity in life was having all my coaches fired this past year at Dixie going into my senior year. I overcame that by praying to God and making the decision on leaving the school that I have been so successful at and going to Grand Valley State where I believe I can keep improving on getting better and have an unbelievable year this year!
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• In high school I got a game-winning pick and instead of running out of bounds I kept running and another defender ran behind me and poked the ball out and they got the ball back and won the game
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My pick 6 against our rivals Colorado Mesa I will never forget it
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Work hard, play hard
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandmother (Momma Jo)
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Shake n groove
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Casey Hayward
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, people look up to you when they respect you.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Kareem Hunt, I feel for him because he was at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My dad, he has changed my life in many ways. My dad has been there for me in every moment that I can remember good bad or indifferent. he has always stuck by my side lifting me up when I needed it. I can’t thank him enough. He showed me to put God first, your family second, your self last.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Adam Mannie, SS/LB, Missouri Southern University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/adam-m…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 54 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Order | Bills officially pick 30th in the Draft nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/draft-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/OnjaxdOGiv
about 1 hour ago
- You cannot be conservative in football, if you play conservative you will lose nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/conser… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Trey Songz arrested for fighting a police officer at Chiefs game (VIDEO) nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/trey-s… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/aHfgDItcXj
about 2 hours ago
- That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Shemar Jean-Charles, DB, Appalachian State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/shemar… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/WMwa2u8is1
about 3 hours ago