- Name: Jake Bofshever
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 190
- Position: Slot Receiver
- College: Long Island University
- Twitter: @jake_bofshever
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
My hometown is Parkland, FL and what I love most about it is how in the middle of some tragedies we have faced, we all come together and become stronger and don’t let them define us. The warm weather is a plus.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film Study – At the college level, everyone is physically gifted but the main separation is being able to slow the game down and knowing your opponent.
- Practice – Repetition is what creates consistency and good habits that translate into the game.
- Strength and Conditioning – Is important to keep your body at its peak shape and to prevent injury.
What do you worry about, and why?
I worry about not reaching my full potential because the saddest thing in life is wasted talent.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
When I first got to college and was playing quarterback, I struggled a lot and it wasn’t leading me to be on the field. Even though I loved the position, instead of walking around with my head down I decided to switch my position to the receiver, became a sponge and worked my tail off to become the best receiver I could possibly be and am still working.. and the story will continue.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
My teammates say my best quality is my ability to always be relaxed, composed, at the moment, and clutch.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
Jake Carlock everyday in practice.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
I would be a sports agent.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
I clean my car first.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
I would save one family member because they are my blood.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
I would be Jon Snow because he faces all his challenges with courage and doesn’t let what people think of him define who he is.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
I’ve dealt with a lot of adversity in my life by being overlooked and underrecruiting coming out of high school and not playing a lot in my early years in college.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
When I showed up to my youth football game and forgot my helmet at my house.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
My first career catch my sophomore year when I caught a 45-yard diving catch against Virginia Union.
What song best describes your work ethic?
How Do You Like Me Now – Toby Keith
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
To be mentally tough because no matter what, adversity will come and not everything is going to go your way, especially in this game.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
I would bring back Moses and ask him about what actually happened on Mt. Sinai.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Boff’s Boogie Night
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
Matthew Slater on the Patriots
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
Respected because respect lasts longer than popularity.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
Johnny Manziel because I feel like he was dealing with a lot of mental problems and the negative group of people he had around him only made it worse. He could have been one of the best in the game today.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
I love to win. There’s not a better feeling in the world than glory.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
My biggest influence has been my Dad because he has dealt with a lot of adversity in his life and no matter what, every day he gets up and answers the bell. I use that perseverance in my everyday life.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:UConn becomes the first FBS team to cancel football nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/kevin-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/lqlJmC8hqZ
about 12 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL COVID-19 OPT-OUT TRACKER nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/covid-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/6R3m8dAZa3
about 21 mins ago
- ICYMI:4 Tailgate Items Every Tailgater Needs nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/tailga… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Aa85bg4cfF
about 27 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Colten Menges, LS, Alcorn State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/colten… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/iIgByKZQng
about 59 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for August 5, 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/X5Gr1B4R0p
about 1 hour ago