- Name: Grant Ibeh
- Height: 6’2
- Position: B
- College: Long Island University
- Twitter: @grantibeh
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I live in the great state of Maryland. The thing that I love about Maryland is the environment here. Everyone strives to be the best and everyone is supportive of one another. There are multiple people from all different types of professions (not just sports) that are one of the best at what they do that come from Maryland. It’s all love in MD.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Although they all correlate and work in relation with the other, I’d say:
1. Strength and Conditioning – In order to play this game, you have to be able to execute your job and be able to go.
2. Film Study – The more you know about your opponent’s tendencies, giveaways, and tell tells…. the easier you can play without hesitation and doubt.
3. Practice – Practice makes permanent. What you do in practice will more than likely happen in the game. Plus, you have to be able to GO and KNOW your opponent to get the most out of your reps in practice.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I don’t worry about much because I have faith in God. I believe everything happens for a reason and we have all been through disappointments so anything that happens was meant to happen. All we can manage is our work ethic and mentality.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• A time that I failed at something was the time I failed at making the basketball team in 6th grade. Being told that you weren’t good enough to do something made me realize that nothing is given. The only way to make the team was to just get better, and work on the skills needed. I eventually ended up making the team but it taught me a valuable lesson.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say that I am very charismatic. I have very high intensity while playing, and I try to get everybody going including myself by having high energy and being positive through all situations. Off the field, I have a funny personality and am very easy going.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I gotta give this question to Jake Dolegala. Jake is a former teammate I practiced every day against at my previous university at CCSU. He made very elite throws that prepared me for the opposing competition.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• With having my degree in Marketing and Communications, I would have to say that face to face interactions within different companies and lean towards a Global Marketing. With the sports background, I would lean towards going into Sports Analysis and/or Sports Marketing.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room or Car
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would prefer no disaster and everyone be safe. Although my family means the world to me so I would have to choose my family.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• If I could be any television or movie character it would have to be Dash on the Incredibles. The reason being he’s too fast you can’t catch him.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life could be a whole list of adversities. Everyone has a story but I think taking every challenge that you face and using that as extra motivation to achieve the goals you have set. Nobody expects certain things to happen to them but if you learn to never give up and keep going without making excuses on why you can’t, you may find yourself go closer towards the goal.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment would have to be when I was a kid riding bikes with my brother. I was going in front of him and decided to pop a wheelie but I hit a rock and flipped while scrapping my entire back. Everyone was out including my friends who saw. That was my most embarrassing moment.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play of my collegiate career was the last second touchdown at Duquesne vs CCSU. I’ve never experienced a walk-off touchdown but that play hurt and it was a great game played but definitely is something I wouldn’t like to experience again.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Shy Glizzy- Prime Tyme
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Your mental state is THE most important trait you can have. At the next level, everyone is fast, physical, and can play football. The thing that separates you from everyone else is being mentally strong. I think this comes with life experiences as well not just football that can help you at the next level.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• It would be my grandfather. I have come a long way and I would like to show him where I am now despite not being done yet. I would like to show him the man I’ve become.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Lituation
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Stefon Diggs
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. If you are respected people don’t have to like you but they will know you are keeping it real all of the time. Being liked should not be a priority because people won’t like you for no reason at all.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Johnny Manziel. I would wanna see the way his future would’ve panned out in the NFL.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose more than I like to win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother has been the biggest influence on my life and the reason is that she has sacrificed way too much in her life to give me the opportunities that I have today. It would be disrespectful of me to not follow through or go my hardest with goals that I have set within my self because of all the sacrifices she has made.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds