- Name: Devin Hafford
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 200
- Position: CB
- College: Tarleton State University
- Twitter: @_ _ Deehafford
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I grew up in the greater Houston area, Atascocita, Tx. It is a boomtown for athletes of all sports. My grade level alone has produced great athletes who are excelling at the collegiate level. What I love most about my hometown is the people. People in my hometown want to see you succeed, and will wholeheartedly support you if you are choosing to do good.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• I feel that these 3 aspects of the game are all very important, and honestly are equal in importance. If I had to put them in an order: Strength and Conditioning. Football is obviously a contact sport. I take the weight room very seriously to avoid injury since my freshman year I have won ‘The Iron Texan Award’ or best strength & conditioning player, 3 years in a row at my University. It is essential to condition in the off season, and also during the season to build and maintain 4 quarters worth of endurance. You practice how you play there is no way around that. Practice builds habits throughout the week that will transfer over to the game. Film Study will take your game to the next level alone. Knowing your opponent tendencies, and not just relying on your God-given talent, will allow you to make so much more plays. All players are special at the NFL level I feel that this aspect of the game will allow me to succeed at the next level.
What do you worry about, and why?
• We live in a wicked world, I worry and pray for my friends and family safety daily
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Since I was a little boy and coming out of high school one of my dreams was to play Division 1 football. I did not achieve that goal. I wrapped my mind around the fact that everything happens for a reason, and God guided me to the school he wanted me to attend for a reason.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say my leadership and work ethic is the best qualities about myself.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I have faced in college would have to be Luis Perez QB TAMU Commerce
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Owner of a training facility, not just for football, but all sports.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• I don’t know if it is just me, but when my room is not clean and organized I feel my life is not organized in a sense, it’s probably just me though. Then the desk has to keep your workspace clean. Lastly, having a clean car is more of a pride thing.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save my family member. Strangers I do not know to die every day. I am a family oriented person; they are my motivation. Would not want to lose a loved one over a stranger in any circumstance.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Aang in The Avatar of The Last Airbender. I’m not really an anime fan. Dragon Ball Z and Avatar are the only anime shows I watched growing up. I would be Aang in the Avatar of the Last Airbender because he acquired 3 of 4 of his powers over time, and had to train to master them.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My pa pa lived with my 2 brothers, my mom and dad, and I majority of my life. Witnessing him suffer from Alzheimer’s, and losing him was hard on my family and I. Using everything taught me, all the words of wisdom he gave me, and turning that pain into motivation is what drives me.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was in 5th grade during a test my phone went off. My ringtone at the time was one of Chris Brown’s r&b love songs, kiss kiss.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable play was my first career interception against TAMU Kingsville while we were playing on Espn.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Rick Ross- Hustlin’
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Non-Physical. Everyone is physically gifted at the next level. Mental capacity is what sets players apart.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• This is against my morals. I believe God does his will for exact reasons, but my answer would be the rapper Lil Snupe, he was a gifted rapper for his age before he passed, and above his time.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Club Ocean
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Xavien Howard
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I’d rather be respected. An individual will cross thousands upon thousands of people in their lifetime, and one might not be liked because of a certain characteristic about themselves. I feel if a person earns respect and gives respect it will take them further in life rather than worrying if a person likes them or not.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Colin Kaepernick. His message he was trying instill and bring light on was misunderstood by a lot of people, this is the reason he is still jobless. Colin Kaepernick also would have been a Hall of Fame QB.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• HATE to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Mom has been the biggest influence of my life. Growing up she used to sacrifice a lot to make sure my brothers and I had everything we needed and wanted. Her work ethic is unmatched. She is my ultimate motivation and drives.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- That hit though wow twitter.com/barstoolstweet…
about 14 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Dontè Simmons, RB, Delaware Valley University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/donte-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Imagine if all the 5 star athletes committed to HBCU schools? - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/hbcu-4/ @HBCUDigest @HBCUGameday… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Eric Barriere Jr., QB, Eastern Washington nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/eric-b… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Bryan Mills, CB, North Carolina Central University - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/bryan-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago