- Name: Deontae Haynes
- Height: 5’10
- Weight: 218
- Position: LB
- College: The University of Arkansas-Monticello
- Twitter: @That_man_Bama
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Dorsey, Ms is a small country town where everybody knows everybody. The thing I love the most about Dorsey is the hospitality people show.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and conditioning come first cause you have to be able to physically do the things you need to on the field(Championships are won in the offseason.
• Film Study- You have to know your opponent inside and out .You gotta know his tendencies.
• Practice-Practice is a visual Of what you study in film VERY IMPORTANT.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I tend to worry about my brothers a lot because I’m always away from them. It’s hard to set that male example from far away.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• One year I made 2nd team All-State when I worked my butt off to get the first team but fell short. I never hang my head Just gotta keep working and working and good things will happen. Everybody’s gonna fails at something, that’s just life.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I’m Competitive!!!
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I Would have to say Deandre Johnson, QB at Florida Atlantic
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be a coach or a personal trainer.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family Member because it will always be family over everything this way.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Superman because he is a help to the community and he is invincible.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• When I was in Junior college I suffered a bad hip injury. Everybody had doubted me thinking my career was gonna be over from it, but I kept working and kept working to get where I’m at now. It sure wasn’t easy but I give God the glory for being able to overcome it.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• When I Missed a sack in Junior college I’m 3rd down and he ended up throwing a TD. It happens to the best of us though I’ll never hang my head.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My First Game at UAM I recovered a fumble and returned it for a Touchdown and then won player of the game.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Dreams and Nightmares-Meek Mill
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Speed, Speed Kills
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Nana because she was one of the reasons why I made a complete turn around in my life would kill for her to see me now
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Night Life!!!!
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Marquise Goodwin
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because respect goes a long way not only on the field but in life as well.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Ray Lewis because he was really innocent but he also didn’t let that stop him he definitely overcame adversity and ended becoming one of the best to ever play the game.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to WIN , Can’t be worried about losing
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Mother because I’m watching her raise 3 Children as a single mother. She’s the reason for everything. That’s my WHY