- Name: Darron Johnson
- Height: 6’0
- Position: ILB/OLB
- College: Alabama State University
- Twitter: @Head_huncho59
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Memphis, TN. It is a blessing to be from Memphis, but a lot of people from Memphis will tell you it is a blessing to make it out. I love everything about Memphis. The food, music, and our culture as a whole. We are well known for our BBQ as well.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study should come first because the film is the key to breaking down your opponent. Every movement, alignment, and plays the opponent likes to run out of the formation that they show. Next, I would say practice because it allows you to perfect your craft. You practice taking your game to the next level because there is always something to work on to improve your game no matter how big or small it is. Last, you have strength and conditioning. This is another key factor to your game because it gives you the upper hand being a lot stronger and faster on your opponent. It also prepares you for those moments when the game is on the line and who’s going to win that last rep to bring the victory home. I avoided a lot of severe injuries due to staying in the weight room.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my family the most especially when I’m away from home. My mother especially because she works day and night to make sure everything is stabled no matter how bad a situation is.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• It was Max out Day in the weight room and we were power cleaning my sophomore year. It was 345 on the bar and I couldn’t clean it no matter what. I overcame that obstacle by not giving up and using everything in my life as motivation to keep going until I overcame that obstacle.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates say that my best quality is being able to process things quicker than others. Another quality is running sideline to sideline as well.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I ever played against was Willie Quinn from Southern University. He was one of the most electrifying players in our conference in 2016 which was my freshman year.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football my career would be working as a Pediatric Social Worker. I like working with kids and being around the community as well to help improve the community.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• I would say Room because that is a must. That involves cleaning where you stay as well.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save my family member because family means a lot to me and I know that they would do the same.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• The Hulk because that was my favorite Marvel character growing up, and a lot of people compare me to the hulk so I wouldn’t mind being the hulk.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• The biggest adversity in my life I dealt with was when my mother was unemployed. I did everything I could to bring in an income such as selling snacks to classmates and working part-time at Taco Bell. It was enough to get us by with a couple of bills.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment is probably being in the Cafe with my teammates and slipping on some juice and falling in front of a lot of people.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play was when I caught my first Interception and almost scored. This happens twice and I was tackled on the one-yard line both times.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Yesterday by Moneybagg Yo ft Lil Durk
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The trait that can help you succeed at the next level is the work ethic, mental peace, and physical piece. You always want to outwork anyone, have a positive mindset, and the physical part comes with the game.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I lost a lot of people in my life due to a lot of issues such as violence and health issues. I would want to bring my Grandad Tollie Smith back because he was an important man in my life and always looked out for my brother and I. Every time you went around him you learned something new.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• One Night Only
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Kwon Alexander
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected cause respect is something you have to earn. As long as the respect is there I could care less if a person likes me.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Maurice Clarett because he was one of the most talented running backs in his class. He could have been an all-time great if it wasn’t for his off the field issues.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose but nothing feels better than winning. Losing can be a humbling experience and a life lesson as well.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My brother has been the biggest influence on me growing up. Everywhere he went I was with him. My big brother was who I looked up to no matter what.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 9 Hilarious Player Nicknames You’ve never heard of nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nickna… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/pJ5b1ELtlJ
about 7 mins ago
- Easton Stick time in Los Angeles!
about 13 mins ago
- Week 3 Recap: Chicago Bears vs. Atlanta Falcons ift.tt/3czEY6l
about 18 mins ago
- Week 3 Recap: Washington Football Team vs Cleveland Browns ift.tt/335AUaQ
about 18 mins ago
- Three WHAT THE F#$* plays of Week 3; What are you doing? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/week-3… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Vmj0ETqCPQ
about 1 hour ago