- • Name: Coray Williams
- • Height: 6’2
- • Weight: 212
- • Position: Strong Safety
- • College: Wesley College
- • Twitter: Showtime___12
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Sayreville, New Jersey. What I love most about Sayreville is, it is a blue collar community. Everyone I know works hard to get where they want to be and we push each other.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film Study, Practice, Strength and Conditioning. Film study is first because you want to know your opponent. Know their strengths and weaknesses and what they like to run on certain down and distances. The practice is second because now you take what you saw in the film and the gameplan your coaches came up and see how everything plays out and perfect your technique. Strength and Conditioning is third because you need to be in shape to beat your opponent for 4 quarters and to prevent injuries
What do you worry about, and why?
• I try not to worry about much. Just take it one day at a time and become better in every aspect that I was the day before
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Going into my sophomore year when I switched over to defense from Wide Receiver, I was bad at getting a reroute on Wide Receivers. I didn’t let it get the best of me. I kept practicing it over and over before and after practice until I got it right.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My size and strength
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Joe Germinerio, Brockport College
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be a sports performance coach. Helping athletes of all sports perfect their craft and become a better player
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room first. It’s where I spend most of my free time at.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• My one family member because family is all you have.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would want to be Blade. He has all the strengths of vampires and none of their weaknesses. And his opponents feared him.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Seeing my parents struggling. I don’t let it get the best of me and bring me down. I know God wouldn’t give us something we wouldn’t be able to handle
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• In 5th grade, I joined my school choir and had auditions for the solo part and froze up because I was scared
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Goal-line stop my junior year against our rival Salisbury in OT. They ran a play action pass that we studied on film a lot and I put myself in position to make a play to seal the win.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Boss by Muteboyz Lil Chuck
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My field awareness and size. I study a lot of film on my opponents leading up to gameday so I can just play fast and not think. My size because I’m bigger than most safeties which allows me to play at different levels on the field.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Coach Drass. He is the reason why I am playing Safety right now and was just a great head coach.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Club Showtime
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Keenan Allen- Los Angeles Chargers
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. I feel if people respect you that means you are doing something good in life.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon. He had all the skill set and talent to be one of the best Wide Receivers ever.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose because losing will make you work harder so you never have to go through it again. Which will make winning that much easier.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My parents. Seeing everything they have overcome and all the sacrifices they made for me. I love them both for everything