- Name: Bernard Brown
- Height: 5’9
- Position: WR/KR
- College: Dakota State University
- Twitter: @Gohard_nard
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Broward County Florida, it was really a jungle out there growing up and still is. It’s up to you if you want to leave the hood or just be another statistic. That’s what I love about my city so much is that from a kid our parents teach us that you got to go get everything you want in life. Noting will never be handed to you.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and Conditioning would be my first because if you want to be the best that’s where it started with your body and how you take care of it, you can’t go out there on the field and expect to be great when you haven’t put the work in. that’s how you get your head knocked off.
• Film study would be next for me because, since I was young I would always study the DBs on how they line up against certain WR’s and try and find their weakness in their game. Also to have an idea what I’m going up against.
• Lastly Practice- you practice how you play, so if you’re at practice giving 110% every day it will show on game day but if you out there taking plays off it will also show too. Like my coaches always use to say, you play how you practice.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about the most is not giving my mom a daughter the world that they deserve the most because growing up my mom was a single parent of seven kids. I watched her struggle and sacrificed a lot for us, I always told myself that I will make a way for her. For my daughter I never had a father growing up so being the best father and giving her the world will always be my top priority.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• An example I can give when I failed at something was back in high school, I didn’t have the best of grades going into my senior year. so when division 1 schools came to offer me they couldn’t because I wasn’t doing my job as a student athlete to get where I wanted to be in life. Which lead me into not signing nowhere out of high school. having to take the JUCO route was one of the best things I could have done. it was a second chance for me to make my dreams come true and to grow into a better person. I ended graduating with a 3.2 GPA and having over 12 scholarships.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My speed and quickness, they love the way I’m able to burn a DB off the line, and how quick I’m in and out of my breaks.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I ever played against is in college is my twin brother @FearGodnot_them, I only say this because his way to keep up with me, and shadow my routes at times frustrated me lol. Most DBs I can give a move off the line and I’m outta there, but when you’re playing against somebody who is just as fast as you, forces you to switch up your technique.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- Currently, I just graduated from college with my BA degree in Psychology, I plan on going into grad school to become a therapist.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
- I would clean my room first because, before I did anything growing up I had to make sure my room is clean, secondly my car you can’t have people you love riding around in a dirty car. The way you treat your car is a representation of you.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- My family member, blood thicker than water.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would say the “Movie All American” I don’t know the movie just speak volumes and I can relate to it on a personal level. •
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest Adversity in life was leaving home for college knowing my family was struggling while also going out into this cold world to go get everything I deserve. I ended up moving to Washington for college to this prep school after being a promise I’ll have somewhere to stay. Ended having to live out in the snow and in school bathrooms while going to school and playing football. But on top of that my sister ended passing away so everything was just hard but I did everything but folded.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Begging the coach for the ball, only to drop it! But I made up for it with a 45-yard sweep the crib!
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Scoring three touchdowns in one game at my prep school. Before the game, my coach came up to me and said you about to have a field day so be ready.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Polo G- Battle cry and Deep Wounds
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Paying Attention to detail
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My sister because she was like a second mom to me, my mom would work 3 jobs growing up. So having her to run to when I felt like the world was against me was a feeling like no other! I love you and miss you, sis!
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• If I had a dance club, I would name my dance club “The Right Wrong” because we all have choices in life so hopefully you make the right one.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• JoJo Natson for the Rams
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Anybody can be liked, but to be respected that’s on a whole different level people hold you to a higher standard. By the way, you carry yourself, and what you stand for as a man.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I say Tyreek Hill because he might end up getting kicked off the team, but I see he’s still training this offseason even though he’s going through a situation.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I would hate to lose because imagine working so hard for something you want just to come up short knowing you did your very best and left everything on the field. That’s the worst feeling in the world.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why
• My daughter has the biggest influence on my life when I found out I was having a daughter my whole world changed forever. Yea I always had dreams and goals that I wanted to achieve in life but her coming into this world only made me hungrier and gave me so much motivation to be the best father and role model in her eyes.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- MLB Offseason Preview: Atlanta Braves ift.tt/2GjQ7fU
about 16 mins ago
- Week 8 Preview: Indianapolis Colts vs. Detroit Lions ift.tt/2HRlW0i
about 16 mins ago
- Best Prop Bet from Every NFL Week 8 Game ift.tt/3mGug1D
about 1 hour ago
- MLB Free Agent Profile: Marcus Stroman ift.tt/3eblohD
about 2 hours ago
- 2020 Fantasy Football Starts, Sits, Sleepers: Week 8 ift.tt/31XVhFQ
about 2 hours ago