- Name: Austin Stephens
- Height: 5″11
- Weight: 210
- Position: LB
- College: Miles College
- Twitter: @_austin14
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Munford, Alabama which is a small town about an hour east of Birmingham. It only has one red light that works half of the time, but all of my immediate family lives there and that’s what I love about it.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice, Film Study, Strength and Conditioning
The practice is most important because its the time where you work on your craft and simulate game day. Film Study is next because that’s how you learn about your opponent and you can see mistakes you made. Lastly, strength and conditioning because it keeps you healthy during the long and hard seasons.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about failing the most. All you can do is give your best every second, but what happens if that isn’t good enough.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed in my sophomore season of college. I didn’t play well in the last game which was a very important one. I took it hard and used it to work harder and never get complacent.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• They would say being able to just play the game.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Devantee Jackson from West Georgia
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be a high school history teacher.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, Car, Desk
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would choose a one family member unless it was like three children in the disaster.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Tom Hanks -Saving Private Ryan
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity was moving to college and getting out of my comfort zone.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Not the most embarrassing, but people think I play baseball or I am the kicker, which happens often.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable moment was when I caught an interception in the homecoming game my freshman year.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Dreams 2 Reality
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My most important trait is played recognition. I like to try and make the play before the ball is even snapped.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would like to bring back my grandmother’s mother. She passed away in a tragic accident and I never got to meet her.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Jungle
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Jeff Heath-Dallas Cowboys
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected. I think as a leader you have to do things people don’t like.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Johnny Manziel
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
– My parents have had the biggest influence on my life. They are the hardest working people I know and they have always provided for me.