- Name: Alema Collins
- Height: 6’4
- Weight: 255
- Position: Defensive end
- College: Ottawa University AZ
- Twitter: @collinsalema
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Herriman Utah I think what I love about my hometown is how close I am to the mountains I really enjoy the outdoors and the people that are in my hometown everybody is super close.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• strength and conditioning will have to be a first for me personally because I feel like in order to play this game you need to be able to get bigger, faster and stronger and most importantly stay healthy. Film study will have to be second I feel in order to be successful in a game you have to study your opponent tendencies coming into the game. Practice is very important in order to get the feel of things is to practice take the reps that you need so that you can perform at a high level
What do you worry about, and why?
• I’m not worried about anything I just keep my faith in God and keep working on my craft.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• When I fail at something I use that as a learning experience and just grow from it.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I feel like my work ethic and my care for my teammates around me and the energy I bring rather if it’s in the weight room or a game.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• It would have to be Garrett bolls he is now currently in the NFL for the Broncos he was just a tough dude always got me better every day.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would go into actin like in movies that’s something I’ve always wanted to do after football or I can see my self being a coach.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• I would definitely do my room because I love walking into my room when it’s clean.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would honestly pray and ask God to give me the strength to save all of them.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• The Rock because he has always been someone I’ve looked up to growing up as a kid.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• I almost lost my mom in 2010 to a stroke and just to see her still working hard and not complaining about nothing pushes me to work hard on and off the field.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I was playing against snow cannon high school in a rugby game and I was driving with two guys on me and one dude decided to grab my shorts and pull and everyone saw my butt.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• It would have to be my game against ACU they came in 5-0 and talking a lot of trash I just remember the QB throwing a screen and I read it and blew him up for a loss of 9 yards.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Dedication Nipsey Hussle
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• For me I will have to say my vision I feel like the more and more I play the game I will have more of an understanding of why things happen the way they do.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• It would be my grandma just to hear her voice one last time.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The players club
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Cameron Jordan
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected for sure because that means you know your worth and that you’re all about your Business and that your not here so people can like you your here to get things done.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why? • Randy Gregory I feel like he was going to be
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I got to win it don’t matter what it is I hate losing with a passion.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• It will have to be my mom and dad they are the true definition of Hard work, adversity love and loyalty to grow up in a home with not much and to see them never give up makes me want to go after My dreams to play in the NFL just as hard.