- Name: Mckinley Habersham Jr
- Height: 5090
- Weight: 195
- Position: RB
- College: Albany State University
- Twitter: @mickeydees_
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Savannah, Ga. The beautiful city by the river, It’s what you make of it. What I love about my city is the support from everyone, they support you no matter what you’re doing. It may be sports, Music or going to school, anything you’re doing to better yourself they support you no matter what.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• I’ll say Strength and Conditioning first because you have to be physically and mentally ready. Then film study because as a running back you have to look and study the fronts and the linebackers to see what the opponents love to do and then be able to counter it. Lastly, I’ll say practice so you can take what you learned from the film and implement it to practice and it’ll show in the game.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I try not to worry too much because I feel as if it’ll blind me from what is in front of me. God always has a plan.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• When I first walked on at ASU for football, I was given the opportunity to get reps and didn’t take advantage of studying the playbook fell behind and had to redshirt the season. But I studied with the starter on my free time to learn the plays and understand the offense more and now I’m a 3-year starter and 2 time all SIAC team going into my senior year to add more to my resume and finish with a ring.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I’m very optimistic, no matter the situation. I’ll always find the good.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Osband Thompson, linebacker at Tuskegee University
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Person Trainer/ Athletic Trainer
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• The room that’s where you lay your head if that’s dirty then everything else has to be
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• A Family member, because I’m very family oriented & I have a connection with a family member over a stranger.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Thor, He’s a God He carries himself as one and doesn’t let anyone change that and will do any and everything for the people he loves and I would love to help save the world and others.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• The passing of my Father Mckinley Habersham Sr. The way I got through it was by getting closer to my siblings and mother, expressing myself to them and just having them understand me and always being there for me no matter what.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was when I was playing with a couple of my friends, I slipped and split my pants open.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• I scored a 93-yard receiving touchdown against Southeastern and was told later it was the longest receiving touchdown in ASU’s history.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• A song that explains my work ethic is last breath by future
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The most important trait you can have is to be coachable, being easily taught & trained can get you a long way in your football career.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• One of my family friends because he was always a great person to have around the family and was so uplifting.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Break Ya Back
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Matt Breida
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected because respect is better than attention.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I would have to say Colin Kaepernick because he stood up for something bigger than him and didn’t stop just because his career was on the line.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My momma has the biggest influence on my life because she taught me to be the person I am today.