- Name: Andre Bird-Pierre
- Height: 6’4
- Weight: 280
- Position: DL
- College: Graceland University
- Twitter: @andrebirdpierre
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Freeport New York. Is home to a few NFL players that include Clifton Smith, Morlon Greenwood, D’Brickashaw Ferguson and so on. I love my hometown for the fact that we’re a big family no matter the age! Which is very important for the young kids.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• I say Strength and Conditioning is first, only because if you can’t play with the guys in your locker room, you won’t be able to compete with the man lined up across from you!
Second would be both film study and Practice. The reason is they’re both of equivalency. You need to work on your craft each week and film will help you get that advantage over your opponent!
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry if I got 1 percent better then the last day. No one wants to be the same person they were yesterday!
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• When I graduated high and tried out for my Juco and never even made the team that year. Which made me motivated to go to the gym and get stronger and bigger. Then that following spring semester I made the team and the rest has been history!
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I’m Loyal, I’m a leader, I help pick people up to help them to continue to play! Good competition both physically and mentally! Dedicated!
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I’m not sure exactly I’ve played against a lot of great players!
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would probably be a mentor, but what I want to do is own my own construction business to buy back the block. With doing that build homes for families that deal with domestic violence and give them safe havens!
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room Car Desk.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I’m a big Family man so. But if I could help all I would!
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Rudy; a small town kid who wants to make the biggest dream come true.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Biggest adversity would’ve been when I lost my youngest brother when I was 9-10 and really didn’t know how to cope with the pain!
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Um, too embarrassing to put here in this interview. Lol maybe another time lol
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• When I caught a interception off a screen play and stiff armed the Qb in my first game!
What song best describes your work ethic?
* Relentless Again Moneyybagg Yo
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I can apply what I learned in meetings to the field really quickly. I think I’m a very fast learner.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My little brother, I just want to know if I’ve made him proud so far!
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• tbh idk lol
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Rasul Douglas
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon! I feel that more people need to be more sympathetic to addictions! Only because I have family members who’ve been addicted to Alcohol and was close to losing it all! And I have three friends who’ve died from overdosing on drugs. RIP Victor, Brian, Mizzy!
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win. Sometimes losing helps you learn your mistakes you never knew you had!
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
* My Mother has been my biggest influence to my life. She has over came almost losing her life due to domestic abuse, overcame losing a son, she overcame breast cancer! She’s shown me how to be a man when my father walked out in me. So she’s my biggest influence and she still is! I love you mom !