•Name: Tae Hayes
•College: Appalachian State
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I love my home town because it’s just this country little place where everyone knows everyone
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1. Strength and conditioning: Because if you aren’t ready physically then you won’t be ready mentally. Everyone knows the game but not every is willing to put in the work to play the game
2. Film study: Because knowing some of the other teams tactics is just as important as knowing your game plan. Getting in the other teams playbook helps me play with more confidence and I know what to expect which helps me anticipate things which is a big part of my game
3. Practice: You have to put combine all these things. You have to be able to have your body ready to play at a high level and you also want to practice going against the other team. Going over things and getting repetition physically is also a huge confidence booster for me
What do you worry about, and why?
• I used to worry about not getting the recognition I deserve because that’s how it’s been my whole life. But from now on I just have to make my talent undeniable.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My sophomore year I lost the starting job. Not because the guy was better than me physically but he just wanted it more than I did. I lost my edge and throughout the season the chip on my shoulder just got bigger and bigger and it’s steady growing everyday and now when it’s my time I make the most of it.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates say that my coverage skills and my toughness are my best qualities. They say my energy and confidence is contagious.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I think the guys on my team. Having to tackle Jalin Moore and Darrynton Evans and covering Corey Sutton and Thomas Hennigan
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Maybe coaching
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• My room, desk, then car
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family member because that’s my family. The strangers probably wouldn’t save me but my family will
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Lol, that’s a tough one
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Not playing my sophomore year. I just made sure that no one was outworking me ever again. I would go do position work late at night every night.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Getting 3rd team all conference even tho I tied for 1st in interceptions and having the lowest passer rating in the conference. I just don’t get that.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• 3 interceptions in one game. It changes my season
What song best describes your work ethic?
• NBA Youngboy: Slime belief. It’s on my senior highlight
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I adjust. I can adapt to any environment and any situation f you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Boom Boom room
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Chris Harris Jr
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because respect goes a long way. Some one can like you one day and hate you when you aren’t around
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon. Because he’s such a great athlete and he has all the traits to be a great player
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mom because she’s so strong and she will do anything for me and my family
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for September 23, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts and Daily Workouts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 30 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for September 23, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts and Daily Workouts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jalon Simpson, LB, Olivet Nazarene nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/jalon-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 46 mins ago