- Name: Willie Barrett
- Height: 5’10
- Weight: 222 lbs
- Position: OLB / SS
- College: Marist College
- Twitter: @williebarrett33
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- Holiday, Florida. Right on the west coast of Florida. Smaller town outside of Tampa, not much to do but go to the recreation center and play different sports or go out and have a day fishing. Which are two of my favorite things.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Strength and Conditioning: i rank this the highest because at the end of the day you have to be able to dominate the player across from you and execute. Film Study: failure to prepare is preparing to fail, if you don’t know whats coming how can you be ready. Practice: High intensity practices set the tone for the week and game day.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about missing out on a opportunity because i’m not 100% sure of it and then never getting that chance again.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- For four years i failed at getting over 380 on the bench press.Four years of the same results is frustrating. My final year i stayed up at school all summer to train for it and tested at 420.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- Teammates would say my best quality is leadership. I didn’t talk all the time but when i did my words match my actions and it was easy to follow.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Anthony Lawrence from San Diego, he was efficient with his play and it made it a challenge every time we played.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- If I couldn’t play football i would look to be a coach to try and stay involved in the game. When I’m done with football i want to be a financial analysis/adviser.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- Save my family. Family always first for me.
f you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Will Smith (Fresh Prince): Going from the projects to living large with better opportunities to succeed. Also he was always having fun, a real classic.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- My Sophomore year of college tore my ACL 5 days before camp and it would’ve been my first year in a starting role. Was tough being so far from home ( NY-> FL) but i had a good support group from teammates, parents and faculty that kept my motivation and spirit high. I was very diligent with my rehabbing and the process of getting back to full health.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- My most embarrassing moment was in high school, i was walking around the neighborhood with some of my boys and this dog started chasing us. Everyone ran behind cars except me , who ran straight all the way down the street with this dog at my heels. Still clowned about it till this day.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Senior year causing a fumble and recovering it late in the fourth quarter after the offense turned the ball over the play before. Resulted in a W.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Future Hndrxx – Never Stop
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- One of my close friends dad Mr. Madhavappallil. He was a man of little words but had love towards me. Much love Jmoney!
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Dance Club would be called 3.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- Deandre Hopkins. He’s top 2 and its not 2!
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected because this is earned from constant behavior. You can like someone off of one interaction.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Josh Gordon, he would’ve been a reoccurring top receiver if he could’ve gotten his head straight.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Hate to lose!!
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My Mom, through whatever life throws at her she always has a positive attitude and makes sure i’m taken care of. Taught me resilience and to take care of your own.