• Name: Marquise Peggs
• Height: 5’11
• Weight: 180
• College:Yale University
• Twitter: @Peggs2_
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from the South Side of Chicago. I honestly love everything about it, especially the competitive nature we have when it comes to sports. We take pride in everything we do.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Although I think the mental part of the game separates the average from elite, you need to get the reps and be able to stay durable and healthy to play. So I’ll go Strength and Conditioning, practice, film.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Not too much, God blessed me to have some amazing opportunities so I’m just happy that I have them.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• As a team, this past season did not go as planned for us, especially coming off an Ivy League championship the year before. However, when we hit 2 losses (this usually means you have a very slim chance of winning the Ivy) I took it upon myself as a leader to show the younger guys how to fight through adversity and believe in one another, despite the current situation, so that they would understand the passion and dedication needed to propel them to hopefully another ring this upcoming season.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Leadership and my preparation mentally and physically
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Although we did not have any one on one battle, Chase Edmonds (RB for Cardinals) was very good.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Most likely create a start up with some of my Yale guys or go get my MBA.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room. Definitely
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Sherlock Holmes, he always has something exciting going on in his life.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• I would say coming from a place with limited to no resources and being able to excel academically and athletically and I worked hard. I didn’t pity myself or focus on what I did not have, I used what I did have and maximized it the best I could.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I was stretching during pregame and slipped and fell in this puddle of mud in front of another team. I know it had to look super bad.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• 4th down at Princeton my freshman year in the 4th QTR. They ran this screen earlier in the game and I recognized it later when they needed to get a first down to keep they chances of winning alive. I read it, destroyed the blocker into the lap of the receiver as soon as he caught the pass and we tackled him for a loss. We won the game.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Jay Rock- Win.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I mentioned it a little bit before but Mental Preparation is big for me. I think most guys mentality and preparation at the next level is what truly separates them.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Malcolm X or MLK just to get clarity and truth about how they died and tell those stories.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Foye Oluokun
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, it sets a standard for all interactions. You don’t have to like me, but you know I’m about my business.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Jason Verrett, I do not know him personally but he is an amazing talent. It is sad to see him plagued by injuries because he is a true lock down corner.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I do love to win but I hate to lose even more.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My Ma, she went through Hell growing up and raising my siblings and I, but she shows so much resiliency and taught us so many valuable life lessons that set me on the path that I’m on now.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott says he is maturing off the field and then gets cuffed in Vegas nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/ezekie… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 18 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for May 20, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/egZwTJgkc6
about 20 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Browns WR Odell Beckham Jr. wants Gerald McCoy to come to Cleveland nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/browns… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/KdRKTUrHW6
about 37 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Benefits and features of best offset patio umbrellas bit.ly/2JuljJd
about 39 mins ago via IFTTT
- Meyers Leonard is a DAWG
about 48 mins ago via Twitter Web Client