• Name: John Lovett
• Height: 6030
• Weight: 235
• Position: QB/H-Back/ST
• College: Princeton University
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Wantagh, NY is my hometown. It’s close to the beach, which made summers growing up a lot of fun hanging out with family. Jones Beach amphitheater is also an amazing place to see a concert.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1. Treating every practice like a game is critical. You can’t expect to just show up on game day and win. Film study goes hand in hand with practice. Especially at the quarterback position, knowing all of the intricacies that defense will throw at you from week to week gives your team the best chance to win on game day. Strength and conditioning not only allow you to get bigger, faster, or stronger, but it is also a critical factor in building camaraderie and trust within a team.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Being unable to control certain things in life, such as the physical and mental health of family and loved ones. As far as football is concerned, I constantly want to make those that have taken the time to invest in me proud. My OC at DeMatha Catholic High School, Coach Tim Breslin, once told me, it’s not about proving those who didn’t/don’t believe in you wrong. It’s about proving the people who do believe in
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Fall semester at Princeton was not easy balancing football and school. I was not happy with the GPA I received. I learned a lot about time management and used my older teammates to assist me. I bounced back strong the spring semester and never looked back.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• You’d have to ask them, but I strive to be the best teammate I can be both on the field and off. I am incredibly passionate about the game of football. On the field, I will put my body on the line for my teammates every chance I can. Playing quarterback with a broken wrist this season certainly was challenging but I could not let my teammates or myself down. I will do anything to win. Off the field, I want to make sure that my teammates are doing well, whether that’s going for a meal or simply shooting them a text checking in on them. Football is more than a game, its a brotherhood.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I was fortunate enough to have some great players lining up on the other side of the ball every practice. My teammate Kurt Holuba, if not for back to back ACL injuries, would have been playing on Sundays.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I have tunnel vision on continuing my football career.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
– Room. Making the bed every morning starts my day off in a productive manner.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family first. Always.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I’d play Mike Ditka in Kicking & Screaming. Hilarious movie and being on set with Will Ferrell would be something I’d always remember.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• 2017 season that I sat out with injury, I ran from the sideline onto the field and into the end zone to celebrate with my teammates after a crucial touchdown late in the 4th quarter of a game. I was flagged for a 15 yard penalty. Not fun running back to the sideline.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Go ahead rushing touchdown this past season against Dartmouth. Our offense this season was #1 in the country (FCS) in PPG. Dartmouth points were much harder to come by winning 14-9. That touchdown solidified sole possession of 1st place and carried us through to an undefeated season.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Hungry – Rob Bailey & the Hustle Standard
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring back LT SEAL Brendan Looney. He is an alumni of my high school and has had a profound impact on my mindset when facing adversity. “BE strong, BE accountable, NEVER complain”. I’d love the opportunity to talk to him and learn from him.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Elevation. Stems from U2’s 2005 live from Milan version of this song in which Bono proclaims Irish people can’t dance. I fall under that category.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Taysom Hill. Having a player on your team that can play multiple positions with success is extremely valuable.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. Anyone can be liked. You have to earn respect through action.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Pat Tillman. His decision to serve in our nation’s military after September 11th ultimately resulted in the end of his playing career. He is a true inspiration and a perfect example of what it means to be a man in my opinion. I also loved his style of play on the football field.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• Both of my parents. I credit my dad for instilling confidence and drive in me. I credit my mom for her patience and love. Both would do anything for their family and I am truly blessed to have them in my life.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Steelers are screwed again, I am not a Steelers fan but boy they are getting screwed nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/steele…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 11 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Kellen Mond, QB, Texas A&M University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/kellen… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 20 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Rashaad Penny Injury Update, Limit your expectations moving forward nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/rashaa…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 37 mins ago
- 10 Takeaways From Week 11 of the 2020 NFL Season ift.tt/3fAJt1S
about 49 mins ago
- Headed to the Seahawks for a workout twitter.com/mclanec4/statu…
about 54 mins ago