• Name: Jarell Addo
• Height: 6’2
• Weight: 208 lbs
• Position: SS/FS
• College: UMass
• Twitter: @jaja_hoola
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Leominster, MA; it’s your average size city where it seems like everyone knows each other growing up from elementary school through high school but what I love most about it is how everyone comes together and supports one another no matter what field you are in.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- First I would have to go with film study because if you don’t know what you are supposed to do or where you are supposed to be on the field than you have no chance at being successful and helping your team win.
- Second comes practice because in order to be better than you were yesterday you have to be willing to put in the hours of practice to perfect your craft and become the best version of yourself that you could be.
What do you worry about, and why?
- What I worry about is what is on me and my family’s plate and whatever obstacles and or situations that are laid out in front of me. I’ve been brought up with the mentality that if you take care of what you have to do now, it is going to take care of the future and to leave the past behind you because there is nothing we can do about it to change it.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- When I had to switch positions in order to get on the field. When I came in I was a true safety but I didn’t fit the scheme we had on hand so I had to essentially sit out a whole season to learn a new position in order to get on the field as soon as I could and help out the team. I was upset at first because I had already red-shirted my freshman year but now looking back it made me hungrier and determined to get on the field and prove that I belonged out there, and once I got my shot I never looked back.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would most likely say that my leadership is my best quality. I take pride in being the example of how hard work, dedication, and having faith can get you the things you want in life, not only on the field but off the field as well.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best players I have ever played against in college would be my own teammates, Marken Michel
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football I would use my degree of
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Have to clean the room first, then car and desk.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family member. Family comes first. ALWAYS
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Denzel Washington in the movie John Q because family means everything to me and in that movie he shows that he’d do anything to save his son’s life, and that is how I would feel if I were to be in the same situation as him.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life was when I was a child and I was put in
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Choking on a nacho in 4th grade in front of the whole lunchroom.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Getting the game-winning interception in Triple OT on
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Get Right- Shugg
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Being coachable
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My brother Tyler Jones…He was always the light in the room and had great energy all the time and only meant well, even to people he didn’t know.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Crib
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Harrison Smith
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I’d rather be respected because not everyone is going to like what I do for whatever reason that may be but they will respect what I’m doing. Being respected takes you further in life than being a yes man and getting the likes of others. You’re not always going to be
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I would have to say
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose, no matter what the competition or situation may be.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My family and close friends. My support system is huge and I can’t thank them enough for being there for me through all the ups and downs in my life. I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for them.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for January 20, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 19 mins ago
- ICYMI:Will anyone claim Mark Ingram today and his salary? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/mark-i… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/1E2XwOjvFZ
about 23 mins ago
- ICYMI:Packers are early favorites against the Buccaneers for the NFC Championship Game nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/packer… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:Colts QB Philip Rivers has retired from the NFL, he will now coach a high school team in Alabama… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- NFL Transactions for January 20, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago