• Name: Garrett Jackson
• Height: 5’11
• Weight: 183
• Position: DB/ST
• College: Adams State University
• Twitter: @justg_xiii
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My Hometown is Baltimore, Maryland and I love the seafood!
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study, strength and conditioning, practice. Film study allows you to get to know your opponent and become familiar with any tendencies that they may have. Strength and conditioning is a part of practice to me they all go hand in hand. In order to perform on the field you need to have strength which is developed in the weight room. Conditioning is important because it is where you train your body to endure long periods of playing time. Practice is where you get most of your conditioning from because you are constantly working through your opponents plays and your game plan.
What do you worry about, and why?
• The only thing I worry about is taking care of my family and making them proud.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I remember not getting the grade that I wanted on a math test. I was very upset because I didn’t want to get behind on the material. So I had to go back and work through the chapter again so I could stay current with the material and be prepared for the final exam where I would see questions from that chapter again. Ultimately I passed the class.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My Heart, I give my teammates everything.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Austin Ekeler
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Cybersecurity Analyst
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Desk, room, car
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• The three strangers, because I know that’s what my family member would want me to do. I believe that one persons life is not worth more than multiple lives.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• T’Challa, he’s a well educated, strong, leader. He captured the attention and respect from his peers, and stopped at nothing to protect his people.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• I never wanted to go to college, I hated school growing up. After high school graduation I got a job, I didn’t go straight to college like my classmates. Working two jobs, i felt I wasn’t getting paid my worth because I didn’t have a college degree. So I made the hardest and yet the best decision of my life, to go back to school. I ended up at Adams State University in Colorado where I earned my degree in Information Technology.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I remember in middle school I would always rock my chair back on two legs and one day I rocked back a little too far and boom I fell out of the chair in the middle of class. Everybody including my teacher laughed. I tried to laugh it off but I was definitely embarrassed.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• 2017 season versus Western State Colorado it was 3rd and short and we ran a safety blitz. I sacked the QB and knocked them out of field goal range.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Lose yourself by Eminem
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Being Coachable.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandmother on my mother’s side, she passed away when my mom started high school. Other than me never having the chance to meet her, that would be something special for my mother.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Eric Berry
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, being respected means you are admired and held in high regard.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I feel for Tiger Woods the most, because he made a mistake that a lot of people go through. That mistake not only cost him his family but it showed tremendously in his performance after the fact. Almost like he was never the same.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win!
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- I would honestly have to say my family. I cannot narrow it down to just one person because so many people have influenced me in a positive way. From my parents to my siblings and even my friends, I wouldn’t have made it this far without them all.