Birmingham Iron was one of the better teams in the AAF but they were struggling to get the ball in the end zone passing. Luis Perez has been one of the better players in the AAF, but through 4 weeks he had not thrown a passing touchdown. Today, the Orlando Apollos came to town and Birmingham was hoping to give them their first loss.
The Iron came up short today against the Apollos but their fans didn’t. We are learning that 13,310 were at the event to see the Apollos go down, but it did not happen.
The Apollos led by Garrett Gilbert beat the Iron 31-14, and Luis Perez was benched after the first half. Keith Price the former Washington Huskies QB came in and led the Iron to a touchdown drive, and get this it was a passing touchdown. Their first of the year, but Price did well throwing for 234 yards and one passing touchdown.
You have to be impressed with the fans in Birmingham, they poured out on the nice warm day. This is their second best attendance for the season, but it passed the 6,539 they had last week in the horrible weather.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Josh Jacobs Injury Update, The Raiders RB is fighting a hip injury… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 13 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Branden Hohenstein, TE, Abilene Christian nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/brande… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 14 mins ago
- Sad story here twitter.com/DraftDiamonds/…
about 21 mins ago
- Last Chance:Former Alabama linebacker William “Rowdy” Harrell and his wife killed in a car accident on their honeym… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 22 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for November 27, 2020, Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago