• Name: Tyler Affa
• Height: 6’1
• Weight: 240
• Position: DE/OLB
• College: Seton Hill
• Twitter: @TAFFA_44
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Whitehall, Pennsylvania, what I love most about home is definitely getting to see my family. I don’t think I could live back at home, but it’s always great to visit.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice 1st (the more you play the game, the better you get) Film Study 2nd (the more pre-snap tendencies you pick up, the faster you play) Conditioning 3rd (the more effective plays you play, the better player you are) and strength last (although strength is a perk to have, it isn’t the most important trait to have as a football player, Tyrann Mathieu benched 225 4 times and is an absolute dawg on the field)
What do you worry about, and why?
• I only worry about things that I can control. Anything can happen in life and worrying doesn’t solve any problems.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My biggest regret/failure in life is not playing high school football. But I bounced back and decided to walk on at Lackawanna junior college and earn myself a football scholarship to Seton Hill University and started there for 3 years
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Definitely my speed and work ethic
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Jordan Morgan from Kutztown
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• High school gym teacher/high school football coach
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room 1st, car 2nd, desk 3rd
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• One family member, because family is everything to me
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Don Vito Corleone, because he is the most feared / respected character I’ve ever seen in a movie
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Biggest adversity by far was graduating high school with a 1.67 GPA. Being almost 3 years out of high school and then going to college. It was a huge jump and I wasn’t quite sure if I was ready for it. But I ended up on dean’s list 4 times in my college career.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Freshman year of high school I tried out for football for the first time and ran a 5.35 40, I shortly quit after that.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Strip Sack against IUP my sophomore year
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Stronger by Kanye
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My willingness to learn and outwork anybody
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Club Shake N’ Bake
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Cam Heyward
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I rather be feared or respected
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Ray Rice because he made a mistake, he owned up to it, his wife forgave him, and no team was willing to pick him back up.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My father and Pop-Pop, they have built me into the man I am today and I wouldn’t be where I am without them