• Name: Robbie Grimsley
• Height: 6’ 0”
• Weight: 198
• Position: Safety
• College: North Dakota State University
• Twitter: @Grimsley5
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Hutchinson, MN. I love that it is a football town and everyone comes together for the high school football team
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film, Practice, then S&C. Film first because knowing what you have to do/defend is necessary before being able to do it. Then getting those reps in practice is critical to your success in the game. Obviously S&C is important but I see it as just behind those other two
What do you worry about, and why?
• Uncertainty that the future holds
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I really sucked at hockey when I first started as a kid. I worked and worked for years to get better. By the time I was done playing I was leaps and bounds better and it taught me that working hard will get me where I need to be in life.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Analyzing film/breaking it down, making it super simple
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Cooper Kupp
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Going to law school to become a lawyer
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• One family member. I couldn’t live with myself being reminded all the time knowing I didn’t pick my family member
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Jon Snow from GoT
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Being on the team that ended NDSU’s national championship streak. Was really tough to see how that affected the community and the fanbase but we knew we would have an opportunity to get back on top again
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Not sure, probably something from high school I thought was a big deal at the time
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Getting a sack against Iowa forcing them to punt, got our team the ball back to kick a game winning field goal
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Not sure, not a big music guy
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The willingness to learn and grow in a mental capacity no matter how much you’ve played
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Thomas Jefferson, he was really successful and I’d want to know what made him so successful
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Five
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Davante Adams
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. Anybody can be liked, much harder to be respected
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I can’t think of one off the top of my head
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose for sure
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My dad, he has been there every step of the way pushing me to be better all the time
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Not many get a shot every year https://t.co/UCVDL7oGRx
about 26 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- San Francisco 49ers Schedule: Three biggest challenges in 2019 bit.ly/2IPqyQT
about 32 mins ago via IFTTT
- Buffalo Bills Offering Wedding at Halftime of Patriots Game bit.ly/2WWDXRn
about 44 mins ago via IFTTT
- ESPN Makes Statement on LaVar Ball Hitting on Molly Qerim on Live TV bit.ly/2x4mBlO
about 54 mins ago via IFTTT
- Cardinals Matt Carpenter Beats Extreme Shift with a Bunt for a Double bit.ly/2IRKCSP
about 1 hour ago via IFTTT