• Name: Pace Temple
• Height: 6’2”
• Weight: 205
• Position: WR
• College: Butler University
• Twitter: @pacetemple
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Geneva, IL. My favorite aspect of my hometown is the caring and supportive people. It’s a proud town and representing it is something we take very seriously.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice, Film Study, Strength and Conditioning. You can’t expect to perform in games and execute if you have not practiced and gone through the game plan over and over again. Film study is incredibly important for picking up tendencies and understanding what your opponent’s strengths and weaknesses are, and then working to exploit them. I put strength and conditioning last because I think that is a given at this level, and especially the professional level.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my family and my parents having to worry about things. They have both sacrificed so much for myself and my sister, it has always been a goal of mine to take care of them and help eliminate any of the stresses or worries in their lives.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Despite working with my professor and other students, I greatly struggled in Managerial Accounting. I was very frustrated to barely pass with all of my efforts, but I learned that accounting was not for me and it is important to play to your strengths.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My work ethic.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
Jamal Agnew, CB for San Diego (currently playing for the Detroit Lions).
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I am currently working an Internship with Adidas and I am really enjoying it. I think that would be a great place to work full-time.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• The morally correct answer might be three strangers because one life isn’t worth three, but I am saving a family member every single time. In my mind, that’s an easy decision.
If you could be any television or movie
character, who would you be and why?
• Denzel Washington in the Equalizer. He is a badass and selflessly helps others.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life
and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Tore my MCL in my last high school game of my career. It had an impact on my recruiting and almost took away my whole senior season in basketball. I was able to come back and help our team make it to the Illinois 4A State Finals. I have always played with a chip on my shoulder, but this injury and how it impacted my recruitment added to that chip.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• First game as a true freshmen, no one told me we had someone doing fake signals. Told my coach I had never seen some of those signals in my life and then was informed that’s because they weren’t actual signals. Our guy was supposed to confuse the other team but it was only messing with me.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• First reception my true freshmen year was a touchdown and I will never forget that feeling.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• WIN – Jay Rock
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Passion. I think this affects a ton of different important aspects, from how you work (whether people are watching or not), how you compete in games, and what kind of a teammate you are.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Papa. There are so many incredible historical figures that I would love the opportunity to have a day with, but I would give anything to be able to sit down and have a conversation with my grandfather. He was a huge role model in my life and we lost him to a disease very similar to Alzheimer’s disease when I was in fifth grade.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Jimothy Peal’s
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Sterling Sheppard
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. Being respected will take you much further than being liked.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Vince Young. I’ll never forget watching him rush for the
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I am extremely competitive and hate losing, but I try to focus on the things I want to accomplish more than the things I want to avoid. So, I would say I love to win more than I hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life
and explain why?
• My family. They are my biggest supporters and have always helped bring the best out of me. My parents and sister have always helped me push myself to become the best I can, no matter what I was doing. They keep me motivated to continue to work and push myself, even when I don’t want too.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Packers are early favorites against the Buccaneers for the NFC Championship Game nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/packer… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 37 mins ago
- ICYMI:Colts QB Philip Rivers has retired from the NFL, he will now coach a high school team in Alabama… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- NFL Transactions for January 20, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Will anyone claim Mark Ingram today and his salary? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/mark-i… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/qzfM0Nbos9
about 3 hours ago
- Packers are early favorites against the Buccaneers for the NFC Championship Game nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/packer… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago