- Name: Marcus Campbell
- Height: 5’8
- Weight: 175
- Position: WR/Slot
- College: LaGrange College
- Twitter: @Mcampbe13
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from a small town, Athens, Georgia. What I love the most about my city is the tremendous amount of young talented individuals that have the ability to work hard and get whatever it is that they are pursuing out of the mud. We use the motivation of making it out of this environment to push us to do something special and make something great out of ourselves.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• I would list the film study as the most important of these three. Film study is like being in math class and learning how to add. Once you learn how to do that correctly is when you start practicing it. Practice is the second most important of these three. Once you began to perfect your craft and know what to do in certain situations. You learn when it’s the most effective, how to set up one move with another, what different techniques work on different athletes. It’s a science that you first should master mentally, then physically. Lastly strength and conditioning is the least important of these three. Of course your body needs to be in the best physical condition possible to be able to perform at a high level & prevent injury. However, to be great it takes more than just being strong and conditioned to play this game.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about setting the best example for my younger brother Micah who is 12 years old. He looks up to me and is so smart with nothing but genuine love in his heart. I hold myself to a higher standard of guiding him and being there for him every step of the way to ensure that he is always on the right track, and push him to be the best he can be at all times.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I have failed at a relationship where we had something real, but I was the cause of our downfall. I worked to overcome this by admitting my wrongs, understanding & accepting that I was the problem, and changing myself to evolve from the lessons that I learned from the situation.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say that my best quality is work ethic, followed by leadership. I believe that hard work is one of the main ingredients to achieving success. Also, being able to lead, whether that be by example, or vocally, encourages the guys you call your brothers to give it their all.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I would say Mason Kinsey. I love his work ethic and the way he carries himself on and off the field. With us both being receivers and playing against each other every year, I had someone to compete with to bring even more out of me.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football I would have several options that I could choose from and eventually branch off of and venture into all of my interests. Once I graduate from college I will have a marketing & entrepreneurship background. I am interested in designing clothes, starting my own clothing brand, making music and beats, photography, videography, and sharing my knowledge of football to younger players.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• I would say my room because that is my own place of comfort, privacy, and peace. I like to have a clear mind so I am able to think. It is harder for me to do so with a cluttered room.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• If it were possible, I would try to save all four of them. However, no disrespect to the three strangers, but I love my family so much that I would save them first no matter what. I feel that my loyalty is owed to them regardless, and they have always supported me in whatever I have done.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Ice Cube on Friday After Next so I can be the “top flight security of the world.”
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life is coming to a D3 school to play football and thinking that I would have the chance to come in and make a huge impact immediately. I felt like I was barely being utilized for my first two years, and maybe I wasn’t as ready as I thought. But I never got discouraged or wanted to quit. I stayed down and waited my turn, and worked as hard as I ever had before. Those two years turned me into a monster and I came back with a killer mentality my junior and senior year to be All-Conference back to back.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment is when my mom made me be in the band in 6th grade. I played the saxophone and I had to do a solo in front of my class. My instrument was out of tune for some reason and it sounded horrible.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play of my collegiate career was the first game of my junior year against Birmingham-Southern. I caught a
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Dedication by Nipsey Hussle ft. Kendrick Lamar
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The most important trait you can have is perseverance, and the peace of mind to know that you can actually achieve anything that you want if you put your mind to it. You can’t be afraid of failure because it is one of our best teachers in life and I believe it directly correlates to success when you never give up.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring back Martin Luther King jr. so I could pick his brain and learn as much as I could from this Legend, and also incorporate his loving energy into the way I live to make me an overall better human being.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Club Swift
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Sterling Shepard
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected any day. Being liked doesn’t make me feel any type of way because when you’re doing good, there are always going to be people that dislike you or hate on you. Also, simply because I show respect, so I want to be respected in the same manner.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Mike Vick because one bad decision negatively impacted his great career tremendously and it was never the same once he returned. He was also my favorite player growing up so it affected me when he was no longer playing.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• First and foremost God. None of my success would be possible without the man upstairs and I am very thankful and grateful for every blessing & lesson. Secondly, my parents because of the way they raised me and molded me into the man that I am today. They are the best support system in the world and always have my best interest. They have made countless sacrifices just for me to be where I am in my life today.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Pittsburgh Steelers sign QB Dwayne Haskins nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/dwayne… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/V5EUlCTHWb
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for January 21, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Big Board: Top 400 plus prospects in the 2021 NFL Draft presented by Draft Diamonds… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for January 21, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:Pittsburgh Steelers sign QB Dwayne Haskins nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/dwayne… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/VWmsZW1tPP
about 4 hours ago