The NFL is being ridiculous, and it is sad. Jaylon Ferguson is a solid pass rusher and the NCAA’s all-time sack leader, but he will not be at the Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.
Ferguson was convicted of simple battery his Freshman year at Louisian Tech following a fight at a McDonald’s. As per the rules, that’s enough to take away a combine invitation. The NFL told clubs last month players would be barred from the combine “if a background check reveals a conviction of a felony or misdemeanor involving violence.”
Ferguson also received a public intoxication charge while in college, according to reports, but this is just getting ridiculous. Ferguson now joins Preston Williams from Colorado State and defensive end Jeffery Simmons who actually tore his ACL yesterday training for his pro-day.
This is horrible news because Ferguson considered by many as a first round pick. The NFL needs to fix this rule because it is getting foolish.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Kendrick Norton Waived by the Dolphins ift.tt/2y3Zh8m
about 27 mins ago via IFTTT
- Wow I had no clue Marcus would be returning another year. This is huge for Bucknell!! He is a big target twitter.com/marcusademilol…
about 31 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Puerto Rico Day 4 cannot wait it is a beach day!!!
about 33 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Not trying to be stupid or defend her but that means God is Greater or God is the Greatest. It is a common saying. twitter.com/deplorablekel2…
about 34 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- I have Saints and Chargers in Super Bowl twitter.com/bynatedavis/st…
about 39 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone