- Jake Carlock
- LIU Post
- Babylon, NY
- Twitter: @jakecarlock5
2018 Accolades & Statistics:
- 2018 Northeast-10 Defensive Player of the Year.
- 2018 Northeast-10 All-Conference First Team.
- Total Tackles: 67
- TFL: 12.0
- Sacks: 4.0
- FF: 2
- FR: 3
- INTs: 2
What is your favorite song to listen to prior to competing?
Levels – Avicii.
How would your teammates describe you as both a player and person?
A leader by example.
While at the Collegiate level, who has been the toughest opponent you have faced?
In games that I have seen action in I would have to say Temple my redshirt-sophomore season.
How do you and your teammates make practice and film study fun?
by trying to enjoy every moment, even when its long hours of film because one day we’ll be wishing we could go back and do it all over again.
When you are studying film, what is your main focus to gain a competitive advantage?
read the scouting report and see what coaches have to say while watching film. Also look for little things players do that give up a certain play or pass/run.
For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
My family and support.
If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
Never get tired.
What do you value most from your Collegiate experience?
Friends and family I gained along the way.
Who is your personal hero?
Tell me something about yourself nobody would know.
I’m going to be a future physical education teacher.
How do you work on yourself?
Always continue to push myself and surround myself with others who have the same mindset and goals.
If you could have dinner with anyone in the world, who would it be and why?
Tom Coughlin, always wanted to meet him.
If you could have any superpower, what power would it be and why?
Fly, for the views and the convenience.
What would constitute a perfect day for you?
Winning a football game then hangout with friends and family.
Who inspired you as a young athlete?
What are the positive attributes that you bring to a professional football team?
Positive attitude, want to get to work and win.
Tell me about a time where you overcame a challenge.
Played the majority of my first 2 collegiate seasons in a club with a broken wrist.
What one skill would you like to improve on? What’s your plan for doing so?
Quicker feet, ladders/drills everyday.
If you could go one-on-one with any NFL WR/TE, past or present, who would it be and why?
What is the best part of your hometown; Babylon, NY?
The people who live there.
Give me your pitch to an NFL GM on why you should be a part of their organization, in 15 words or less.
Willing to do whatever it takes to help their organization win, give 110% effort every game/practice/meeting.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Can Derrick Henry Win the MVP? ift.tt/3jrP9vH
about 2 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors Injury Update: Could Bengals RB Joe Mixon miss week 7 with a foot injury? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/joe-mi…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 mins ago
- Did You See This:That Sports Guy’s Week 7 Fantasy Football Rankings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/fantas… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/VCDBHUH1Pc
about 6 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: William Bellamy, QB, Union College nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/willia… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/GUK3RtqltX
about 9 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: Diontae Johnson Injury Update; Will the Steelers get him back this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/dionta…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 29 mins ago