• Name: Isaiah Edwards
• Height: 6’8”
• Weight: 355
• Position: OG/OT
• College: Indiana State
• Twitter: @isaiahedwards
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Katy, TX a suburb of Houston and the thing I love most about my hometown is the people. I’ve made friends there that will last a lifetime
List these three in order of importance and why: Film
Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and conditioning comes first because if you are unable perform at practice in the first place then you’ve already failed. Practice comes second because I believe the best way to perfect your craft is to go out there and do it. Film Study because you get the opportunity to watch yourself and critique and make adjustments to reach maximum potential.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Personally I don’t like to worry about things if I’m being honest. My reason for that is because no matter what the situation is I feel like there’s always a way for it to be worse. I take that into consideration and it generally keeps me from being worried.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Well growing up I always struggled with reading comprehension. Struggled so much that I failed a standardized test my freshman year of high school. I was upset because it meant I’d not only have to take the test again, but I’d have to spend the summer in a class to help me pass it or I wouldn’t have been able to move to the 10th grade. But I used that as an opportunity to really learn how to take the test and wound up getting nearly a perfect score the second time around.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My intensity
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Marcus Davenport (UTSA)
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Sports Analyst
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room because I spend the most time there
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save the three strangers because three lives is more important than one.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Professor X because let’s be honest, it’d be pretty cool to have superhuman mental powers
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity was having to go to JUCO, it really made me realize how much I love the game of football. It really tested my mental toughness and I was able to overcome it by earning a second chance at the D1 level.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• When I played little league football my mom used to run on the field to fix my pants during games.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My very first play because I was nervous and gave up a sack my freshman year
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Many Men- 50 Cent
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Football IQ
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Grandfather because I only have one memory of him.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Atlantic
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Drew Brees
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I’d rather Respected because being respected goes a lot further than being liked in my eyes
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I’d have to say Josh Gordon. Even though he’s responsible for his actions, the fact that he’s going through what he’s going through is unfortunate. I’m just glad the NFL is doing what they can to help him.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents. No matter what the circumstances they’ve always been in my corner. They’ve supported me every step of the way. From my mother sitting in the car with my 3 younger brothers while I practiced when I was younger, to my dad making sure I always had everything I needed. They’ve influenced me in a way that no other person can and I’m forever grateful for them.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:One woman drops her civil lawsuit against Texans QB Deshaun Watson, and no there was not a settlement… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 44 mins ago
- He should have known, you never bump into a man at the boom boom room twitter.com/melindakdka/st…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:Daughter of New York Jets legend Al Toon killed in a murder/suicide by her husband… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Rams DT Aaron Donald Facing Assault Charges For Alleged Attack nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/aaron-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/QIolDQUGHJ
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:Camilo Eifler, LB, Illinois | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Zoom Interview | Draft Diamonds Exclusive… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago