The Baltimore Ravens look like a different team with Lamar Jackson in the driver’s seat. The Ravens will likely trade Joe Flacco and there will be many willing partners. They do have some needs, and today we are going to find some small school prospects that could come in and fit the mold of what the Ravens are trying to do. Their needs in our opinion are center, wide receiver, pass rusher, safety and running back.
Many of the Ravens fans have been drooling over big-name prospects but we want to do something a little different this year. We want to focus on a few small school players who the average draft person is not talking about. So let’s get this thing started!
Matthew Pyke, OC, East Tennessee State – Matt Pyke is probably one of the most underrated players in the 2019 NFL Draft. I do not feel many are talking about him and that is a shame. The Jacobs Blocking Award winner is a stud who has started every game in his career. He is an All-American in the SOCon division and will likely be an undrafted free agent. I would take this kid on my team tomorrow he passed my eye test.
Alexander Hollins, WR, Eastern Illinois – Everyone is talking about speed wide outs but Alexander Hollins goes unnoticed. The speedster from EIU (Jimmy G’s school) deserves the love. If you watch what Hollins did to Arkansas you would see why I feel he is a stud. With John Brown potential leaving in free agency you can get the new John Brown and likely as a free agent or late round pick.
Cardell Rawlings, DE/LB, Wingate University – Many have not heard of Cardell Rawlings, but he is a player that can get to the quarterback. He was a TFL machine in college and really stepped up his senior year. At the Dream Bowl and the College Gridiron Classic, Rawlings turned heads of NFL scouts. Rawlings will likely be a late round guy or a priority free agent.
Davanta Reynolds, DB, North Carolina Central – Reynolds does not look big on film, but he plays big. He is not over 6000 but he plays with intensity. The HBCU standout was rated as one of the best players returning to school last season. Reynolds is an interception machine. He reminds me a lot of Donte Whitner but with hands. Reynolds could be a great addition as an undrafted guy. Remember the name though because in the right system he will flourish.
Bruce Anderson, RB, North Dakota State – Bruce Anderson is a stout back who can run you over and also make you miss. There are not many in the NFL like that right now. Anderson also was a stud on special teams as a gunner. He will straight up annihilate you coming down the field. Remember his name because he is a guy whose name could be called earlier than expected.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Rodney Morris II, LB, University of West Georgia… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 25 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Los Angeles Rams draft needs: 5 small schoolers who can help the Rams win the Super Bowl nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/02/los-an…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 37 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Marvin Conley, DB, University of West Florida nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/02/marvin… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Pace Temple, WR, Butler University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/02/pace-t… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/l1jCFF9Eio
about 42 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Noah Beh, OL, University of Delaware nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/02/noah-b… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro