Antonio Brown has become the biggest buzz in the off-season. Steeler ownership had talks with him earlier this week about wither they would trade him. They got the green light as long as it’s preferably with an NFC team. Best way to trade a household name is to trade a star to a team you wont play on a regular basis.
Here are some teams that could land the trade of the off-season:
The down side to letting go of Antonio Brown is his contract. If he gets traded now or before June 1st the dead money left from signing bonuses is in the range of 21 million. The cap savings is only 1.5 million. They save an extra 1 million if he is traded before the 5th day of the new business year due to a roster bonus. If he gets traded after June 1st the dead money goes to 7 million and cap savings 14 million. The down fall from that is they want high 1st draft pick so it would have to be before that date.
Best case scenario Antonio Brown will be traded to the Jets. The Jets can afford him and give the Steelers a better draft pick.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Week 8 Preview: Los Angeles Chargers vs. Denver Broncos ift.tt/2TEhYKM
about 8 mins ago
- Week 8 Recap: Atlanta Falcons vs. Carolina Panthers ift.tt/3kMC6Gs
about 8 mins ago
- Beyond the Negotiation Podcast: How does a sports agent get paid? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/sports… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/gxCPZ7U07H
about 12 mins ago
- Here are two more contributors to NFL Draft Diamonds @Da_MegaZoe and @samtigermgmt both started a podcast. If you… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 17 mins ago
- Awesome twitter.com/angieathompson…
about 30 mins ago