- Player: Larry Omolayo
- Positions : OL/ OG/OC
- School : Pace University ( MD)
- Height: 6’ 2
- Weight:315 lbs
- Projected Forty: 5.25
- Projected Reps at 225: 29
- Draft Class: 2019
- Hometown: Patchogue NY
- Jersey Number: 72
Stats & Awards
- Career – Played in 36 games only responsible for allowing 3 sacks
- 2018 – Integral Part of a O line that blocked for a record breaking RB with 2,242 yds
- 2nd Team All Conference
- Team captain this season
- All Star, Bowl Combine Invites: National Bow , Dream Bowl , FAF Senior Bowl, BSN Combine
- Participated in the FAF Senior bowl
- Due to injury blocked for 3 different QBs that still combined for 1520 yds threw the air
- 2017- Blocked for 1388 yd passer
- RB broke the school single season rush record with 1084 yds
- 2016- Played on 11 games
Overlooked Run Blocking Interior Lineman Omolayo is eager to shut the doubters up.
Due to financial issues & not having an agent. Larry was only able to take advantage of the one All-Star game out of his four invites. With that being said he did take advantage of his time at the FAF Senior Bowl having a nice game & week of practice. Believe he has enough on tape for teams to have legitimate interest come April.
In The Run Game
Master of run schemes & an athletic fluid mover in space. Low pad level with a wide stance makes him an ideal fit in many of today’s zone run blocking scheme fits. Natural quick feet fluid hips
In Pass Protection
Experience all over the line.
Good amount of experience at Center where he shows the proper frame & technique snapping the ball . Has the mobility & frame needed to succeed in pass protection. Maintains & secures blocks with good use of reach excellent hand placement. Can give the QB the extra second needed to make the play. Has no problem with D linemans spin moves, recognizes stunts blitzes or audibles. Needs to get better in pass protection work on his footwork first step & the depth of his pocket. Areas of improvement he is working on throughout the off season constantly.
Larry Omolayo might be flying under the radar at the moment.
I believe once player personnel get their hands on his tape that will change. Aggressive tough run blocker that is improving in his pass protection skills. Understands combo blocks a leader in the locker room & on the sideline. He can hang with massive Nose tackles & fast Edger User’s. No reason he doesn’t have at the very least reserve capability day 1 in the right team with the right coaching staff. Has an invite to the BSN combine but will not be able to attend that either. Now he turns his focus to trying to find a bigger school to have a pro day. His coach & him are working on one as i write this. Larry is driven to play as a pro & wants to shoot for the NFL but is open to other endeavors if things don’t go as planned. So scouts from the CFL, AAF Arena whoever, take notice. This OL group is deeper than you think. There are a ton of small school Linemen in this class getting very little love . No doubt in my mind this man can play ball at a Next Level. In the coming months we will see which Level that is? All i know is this he has the frame, athletic intensity & football literacy too be a dominant force in a run zone scheme at RG or Center. He has all the tools to be a pass protector as well. Just needs one shot think he won’t disappoint.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Rashaad Penny Injury Update, Limit your expectations moving forward… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 17 mins ago
- Fantasy Football Buy and Sell Advice: Week 12 ift.tt/2HCscJf
about 29 mins ago
- Last Chance:51% of Americans support paying college athletes, Ohio State study finds nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/ohio-s… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago
- Did You See This:Texas State’s All-Conference defensive back Khambrail Winters shot and killed in Texas… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 44 mins ago
- ICYMI:Breaking: Seahawks are working out WR Darvin Kidsy nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/darvin… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/iKfR7eAUqq
about 44 mins ago