• Name: Josh Manns
• Height: 6000
• Weight: 203
• Position: DB
• College: University of North Carolina at Pembroke
• Twitter: @JoshManns38
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is in Durham, NC. It is a city that continues to grow each and everyday. What I enjoy the most about the city is its community, food, education and history. Even though I was not born in Durham, I feel like I have lived there all my life due to the relationships I have built over the years.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study, Strength and Conditioning, and Practice because I feel like everything starts in the film room. You have to prepare yourself mentally before doing anything physically and that’s what I have learned throughout my collegiate career. You can be gifted with great physical traits, but if you can not provide knowledge, it will be hard to succeed.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Honestly, I try not to worry and put my destiny in Gods hands. My faith is strong and I believe that he will help me accomplish my goals.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I have been faced with challenges, but not failures. One of my challenges that I have faced was not receiving All-American status my junior year in college. I reacted by not letting that discourage me and I continued to persevere for the rest of my collegiate career.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates will say that my best quality is somebody that is hardworking/great leader.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I have ever played in college is Winston Salem running back Kerrion Moore.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football, I would work in communications and either be a broadcaster or become a videographer.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room first and the reason being is because I think your room describes who you are. If your room is dirty, that probably means you don’t have much pride with your things and how it is presented.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• If there was a disaster, I would do my best to save everyone, anything is possible.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• If I could be a movie character I would be Ernie Davis from the movie Express. He went through hard times and different obstacles in his life, but he never gave up, that movie is very inspirational.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• The biggest adversity I was faced with was moving to a different school in high school and getting adapted to a new environment. While moving to a new school, I did not start a my position until my senior year. That taught me to be patient and continue to keep working hard. With that mindset, I was able to help lead my team to a state championship my senior year and receive a college offer.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was forgetting my lines to a monologue in my acting class in college. I was in front of my classmate with a dumb look on my face trying to remember what to say.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Most memorable play was being able to help my team win a crucial game against Winston Salem State. During that game, I was able to get an interception that change the momentum of the whole game with several tackles and gave us great field position to score and win.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Best song that describes my work ethic is Rise and Shine by J. Cole.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The most important trait that I have is knowledge for the game, physical player and good hands.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• If I could bring one person back from the dead it would be one of my mother’s brother’s (uncle). The reason why is because I seen how heartbroken my mother was when they died, I hate seeing the people I love heartbroken.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• If I open a dance club I would name it The Manns Club
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• I don’t think anyone in the NFL is overrated because each player is talented in their own specific skillset.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon because he has been dealing with mental issues for a while and that’s not easy to overcome.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose, it doesn’t sit well with me, especially if I did everything I can to win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• The biggest influence in my life is my family because they always believed in me and supported me in everything I do. Without there wisdom and guidance, I would not be the man I am today.