- James Holland Jr.
- Colgate University
- Twitter: @BIGPlayJ_2
2018 Accolades & Statistics
- 2018 Patriot League Offensive Player of the Year.
- 2018 Football All-Patriot League 1st Team RB.
- 2018 AFCA FCS Coaches’ All American 1st Team RB.
- 2018 FCS Hero Sports All-American 1st Team RB.
- 2018 All ECAC 2nd Team RB.
- 2018 AP FCS All American 3rd Team RB.
- 2018 AP Stats All American 3rd Team RB.
- 207 carries – 1,219 yards – 5.99 YPC – 12 TDs.
- 32 receptions- 196 yards – 6.1 YPC- 2 TDs.
What is your name?
- James Holland Jr.
Where do you play College Football?
- Colgate University.
What position do you play?
- Running Back.
What is your height/weight?
- 5’8″ 210lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Yes, Basketball.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Zaire Franklin.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Dreams and Nightmares is my go to song before every game.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- Yes, every morning on game day I listen to some gospel songs before I listen to my turn-up music.
Who is your role model & why?
- My Mother, she raised me for a period of my life as a single mother, while making sure I got to school and still made sure food was on the table. She’s a strong woman and always puts family first.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My least favorite class: Statistics.
- Favorite: Anything Professor Rios taught.
What made you choose Colgate University?
- The coaches really believed in my talents and me. It’s a top FCS school athletically, but has even better academics for life after football.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- My favorite experience in college has been challenging myself academically and succeeding in the classroom.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Ravens, Michael Vick, he was electrifying to watch play, he always made plays and did it in a “wow” fashion.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Any Denzel Washington movie, he’s the goat and I love all his movies.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Kobe Bryant.
- Mike Vick.
- Niykee Heaton.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Kobe Bryant, he is my favorite athlete and I would want to know his preparation for games and how he attacked being a professional everyday.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Dash (The Incredibles), that is my favorite superhero movie and he is my favorite character, I like how he uses his powers.
What is your definition of hard work?
- My definition of hard work is something that challenges you to the point of getting outside your comfort zone, while testing not only your physical toughness but also your mental toughness.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- The most unexpected lesson I learned was how important it is to use time management (first semester, freshmen year hit me hard).
Something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Don’t stress when things don’t seem to be going as planned, God already wrote the script and everything will work itself out.
Why do you wear #2?
- I came into college wanting a single digit number; instead I was given number 22. My junior year I got a season ending injury, which gave me the opportunity to redshirt. With having two more years I wanted a single digit/ new number because it was comeback season and I wanted a new number for a fresh start.
What is the best part of your hometown, Royal Palm Beach, FL?
- The best part about my hometown is the weather. Being in Hamilton, NY for 5 years, year around in the cold weather, it is nice to go back home periodically and get some sun and enjoy the pool/ beach.
Who do you choose: Jordan, LeBron, Steph or Kobe? Why?
- Kobe, I grew up watching him and he is my favorite athlete. I love his killer mentality and the way he rises to the occasion when the lights are the brightest.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Xbox One, Fortnite and NBA 2K.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Growing up I never won many championships. Being able to get 3/5 Patriot league championships with my teammates will be remembered forever.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- To find the cure for any form of cancer/ life threatening disease.
- An end to racism.
- Super powers.
What is your hidden talent?
- My contemporary dance skills (class I took)
If there is a book written about James Holland Jr., what is the title?
- “The Slept On Underdog.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Make an NFL roster and win a Super Bowl.
- Travel the world.
- Purchase a car for my mom (told her I would when I was younger).
Are you binge watching anything right now?
- No, but I’m about to re-watch Game of Thrones and binge watch that.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- I’d use that hour to figure out a cure for cancer/ life threatening diseases.
If you could run over any NFL LB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Ray Lewis, I think he’s the best linebacker to ever play the game.
What are three words to give NFL scouts that define James Holland Jr.?
What is your inspiration?
- I inspire to be an NFL football player. In doing that, I want to bring joy to younger kids and cities while inspiring kids who were told “they wouldn’t or couldn’t” do something to chase their dreams.
What current/former NFL player do you compare yourself to?
- Doug Martin, we are similar type of runners and are the same size. The difference I see in myself is the ability to catch out of the backfield.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Josh Jacobs Injury Update, Did the Raiders RB suffer a serious injury?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Daniel Jones Injury Report, Giants QB suffered a hamstring injury… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 48 mins ago
- Has a point twitter.com/buffrumblings/…
about 1 hour ago
- Cause humanity is wrong twitter.com/jonm_salter/st…
about 1 hour ago