Name: Jalen Guyton
• Height: 6’2″
• Weight: 208
• Position: WR
• College: University of North Texas
• Twitter: @_dreamjg
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Im from Allen, and I love that the community of Allen allowed me some degree of open-mindedness and independence. I mostly love Allen because they taught me how to win.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice, Film Study, Strength and Conditioning. The weakest dumbest man ever could practice non-stop, tirelessly and eventually (through something like muscle memory) he might be able to carry out his role & responsibilities on the filed. However, the strongest most powerful individual in the world could never be trusted to do a job if they never learned or practiced what to do, when to do ii, and how do get it done.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I don’t worry about much because it isn’t useful. I usually worry about my family because they worry about me.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I got F’s before in some classes in college. I thought I wouldn’t mind them because I hate school, but knowing that I could’ve easily succeeded something that I didn’t felt like I wasted time I could’ve used honing and actualizing my being. Moving forward, I stop letting interest in something dictate the level at which I perform in something.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates have said that I am easy to communicate with & relate to, thus making it easier and more seamless for them to receive and follow orders from me.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Best player I played against in college is Courtland Sutton
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football I would continue to carry out transcendence and ascension, and reign influence over the people of Earth, leading men and women to successes greater than the individual.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save the one family member. The connection I share with any one individual in my family is more sacred and meaningful to me than the energies I share with three strangers.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Guts, Master Vader, or YuGiOh. Guts’ only power is the immensity of the human will and with this power he traverses the countryside on a hellbent mission for revenge and salvation. I can somewhat relate. I would be Master Vader for access to his level of intergalactic dominion and shear power over the dark side. And I also might be YuGiOh because I identify with his internal and external journey for himself and his beloved grandfather.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• The biggest adversity I faced in life was my first semester in college. I struggled a great deal, but overcame it with the love, help, and immutable support of my family as well as a will of iron to continue to wake up everyday and push through the adversity.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Most embarrassing moment is when I pee’d on myself in kindergarten in front of the class and my crush. Or the time I tripped off the line in a high school football game, and got the ball picked-off .
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play of my collegiate career is a play that came at the end of the Trinity Valley vs. New Mexico Military game in which we scored and started the fourth quarter comeback.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• 80s by Goonew, because the beat is simple but dark and vehemently compelling. Similar to how I don’t need all the fancy equipment to go to work, instead my insatiable hunger for success and realization of my dream irritates explosive energy in my gut to go put that work in . Also the vibe Goonew possesses the beat with is pure dark explosive energy. I go bananas when the beat drops.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The most important trait I have honed in which will help me at the next level is my understanding. Not only can I conceptualize techniques and plays in my head to pick them up easier, but I also work to maintain some level of understanding about myself and who I am, as well as those around me. By knowing who and how I am each day, I am better equipped to take on who and/or what stands in my way.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• If I could bring back someone from the dead for one day I would bring back Master Yoda so that he could disclose the sacred secret power of the Light side.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Dance Club
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• Marcus Peters
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, respect implies things like regard, dignity, and honor. All of these qualities are useful when leading people to achieve great feats.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Terrell Owens I have a supreme amount of respect for his passion, and his iron-like will to get what he wants. Also I believe he could still be playing if he could’ve sewn his mouth shut or something.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love winning. Losing happens naturally, it comes it goes; L’s are virtually guaranteed in life. Winning isn’t. One has to work for every W they notch in their belt.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Dad. My Dad has been a stronghold, a well-spring of inspiration, knowledge, light, power, and everything that encompasses who I am, and what has helped me get to this point right here.