- Clifton Duck
- Appalachian State University
- Twitter: @TheyLove_Duck
2018 Accolades & Statistics
- 2018 All-Sun Belt First Team.
- 51 Total Tackles – 3.0 TFL – 1 INT – 1 TD.
What is your name?
- Clifton Duck.
Where do you play College Football?
- App State.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 5’10” 175lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Football,Basketball, and Baseball.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Alvin Kamara.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Boobie aka Jalin Moore – No Hook part 1.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- Take a nap before any late games and just chill in my room.
Who is your role model & why?
- My Dad, he made me the man I am today.
What made you choose Appalachian State University?
- Family Culture.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- The brotherhood of the team, but mainly LOB.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- NO Saints and my favorite player was always Pat Pete. Dominate corner that has played all phases of the game in the NFL.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Aquaman and I would be Aquaman of course.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Aliko Dangote.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- MLK, because he was the master of self control.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Thor, he can control lightning.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Productive work that translates to whatever it is you do for a living.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Sometimes you have to be selfish.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- RUN TRACK.
Why do you wear #4?
- It was my father’s number.
What is the best part of your hometown, Charlotte, NC?
- I moved around a lot so i could go pretty much anywhere and have that family feel.
Who do you choose: Jordan, LeBron, Steph or Kobe? Why?
- Kobe or Jordan. Their mentality is just different.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Both. Fortnite, Black OPS 4, and FIFA 19.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- The 2018 season as a whole.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Be safe from injuries.
- Grow a couple inches.
- Be able to teleport.
What is your hidden talent?
- I can master ANY game.
If there is a book written about Clifton Duck, what is the title?
- “Underrated and Overlooked.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Travel the world.
- Buy my mom a house.
- Set my kids up for success.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Relax and just be alone in my own space away from everyone and everything.
If you could intercept any NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Tom Brady. He is the GOAT.
What are three words to give NFL scouts that define Clifton Duck?
What is your inspiration?
- My past struggles.
What current/former NFL player do you compare yourself to?
- Tyrann Mathieu. He a smaller guy, but will make a play on anybody he go against because he a dog.